New Microsoft Agreement = Deleted my Microsoft Account

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by GOD666, Mar 18, 2018.

1. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015

Attached Files:

2. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    My husband may still love Google, but I finally got him to delete his Microsoft Account too. :D

Attached Files:

3. Good for you. I deleted mine a long time ago - I never actually used it, I just created it to have it. Linux is the way to go.
    I would leave google too but I have no alternatives at the moment.

I wish more people would just try linux and make an effort to move to it.

4. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    The only reason why my husband hasn't deleted Google is that he uses Google Voice as a proxy. Whenever you call that number all the phones ring at once so it makes it easy to just give out that number, plus we can block people without them knowing they have been blocked as it will tell that particular person or business that the number has been discontinued.

I personally switched to Protonmail so I do not even use Gmail anymore. For only €4 a month I gain security, privacy, and none of those stupid ads Google tried to push down on me and without all the tracking too, allowing me to keep my privacy. 5GB worth of e-mail is more than enough too since I once had nearly 250,000 e-mails on Gmail at it didn't even use 1 GB.

5. No, I mean google as whole: search engine, youtube, mail, and others. What's the point in moving to another mail provider but still use youtube or google search?

6. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    Without an account all my searches are anonymous. I have yet to find a search engine that provides relevant results as Google does. As for my husband; that is clearly a different story (as I said, Google Voice).

7. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    There are many search engines, which use Google.

StartPage (censored)
    Searx (partially censored)
    DuckDuckGo (uncensored)

8. PointZero

PointZero MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011
    GOD666: Was there a specific change in the new Agreement that prompted you to close your account? Or is it just a general distrust of Microsoft?

9. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Hi GOD666 how are you and family, I hope all are very good :D, well the first thing I make when re-configuring Windows Firewall with Advanced security is BLOCK my account IN/OUT and a lot of more things and never had issues; also in gpedit.msc I configure to block Store in all levels I never need something from Store I never like UWP applications is only my 2 cents ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. I spoke too soon. It turns out I did disable my hotmail/windows live mail/live/outlook mail years ago, but I forgot about my old skype accounts which are also microsoft accounts. The time these were created skype was not acquired by microsoft. It still amazes me this chicken s**t corp still changes the names of its services on a yearly basis.
    @GOD666 Do you know of any good alternatives to skype?

11. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    I use Chrome, MS account, and install Windows with default settings. But then again, I don't wear a tin-foil hat, either. So, you guys do what you want, I will stick with what I love, which is Microsoft. It is in all the lists of the most reputable, and respected companies, too. But, that won't convince the haters now, will it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. Snoop05

Snoop05 MDL Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Discord

13. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    i never use ms account with W10. .local account only.
    i cant leave winderz cause citrix for work.. and games but i have linux mint 18.x and use it sometimes.

14. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    None of which seems to yield results as good as Google does. But I do remain hopeful that one day someone will come along.

15. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    We're all good here thanks for asking. Been a very busy year so far though which is why you don't seem me around as often. Hope you're doing just as good as I am. Good health and good fortune my friend. :)

16. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    I had not used Skype for nearly a decade. Honestly, I don't use live chats that much either. A friend of mine drives me crazy wanting me to use Facebook Messanger and I cannot stand that thing either. Skype was really useless since I always had an echo no matter what camera I had. At the moment I do not even own a web camera now that I think of it.

17. If we all could be so lucky. I could never ditch Skype due to its popularity: I had interviews on Skype, all my family and friends used it (and stubbornly would not use anything else).

18. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    #20 GOD666, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    (OP)
    The only folks who ever wanted me to use Skype were the folks I ended up talking to online. Then they were confused why I was able to avoid it just as much as you seem to be. lol Work never needed it, friends I saw in person, and the only time a family member wanted me to do online video, ended up taking place on Google Chat (before they renamed it Hangouts). But digress, I never figured out how to avoid the stupid echo, no matter what web camera I used or on what computer either. Perhaps if I had figured out how to resolve that nonsense, maybe I would have liked the idea and convinced others to use it.