New modded SLIC 2.1 bios - need to remove older keys and certs first ?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by SLICKRIC21, Apr 12, 2010.

1. SLICKRIC21

SLICKRIC21 MDL Junior Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Hi,

I've been searching around but couldn't find the answer anywhere.

I'm currently on a modded SLIC bios and have been for 3 or 4 months, with no probs.

Now I have a newer bios that has also been SLIC modded...

q) Can i just flash the new bios and leave everything alone......?
    Or do i need to remove the existing key and certs first, flash, then insert again ????

thanks in advance, sorry to be a noob !!!!

2. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    No you don't need to remove them, if the original and the new ones are both SLIC 2.1.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mightyEx

mightyEx MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2008
    Since OEM manufacturer are releasing new bios versions too (with SLIC 2.1), there is noo need to remove existing key and cert. If the new modded bios uses an other SLIC marker then you have to import new matching cert and reactivate. I think there is no need to remove the old cert.

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    You are correct, no need to remove...you can use the cert/key installers or the slmgr.vbs to install if you need to change your certificate to update to W7..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SLICKRIC21

SLICKRIC21 MDL Junior Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Thanks, this is exactly what I wanted to know.

I'm already on W7, but I think th enew modded bios is using a different cert than my exisiting one. So i don't need to remove the old one then.

thanks for all the help :)