New Modder seeking advice/help

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by opakedragon, May 15, 2014.

1. opakedragon

opakedragon MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2011
    Hey Guys

I recently built a new PC using and Asus H61M-E

I would like to add SLIC 2.1 to the BIOS

I ran the SLIC Toolkit V3.2 and it said "Dump Error ! (SLIC Table Not found ! )"

Am I able to add the SLIC table in?

I like the sounds of the "new module" method described here: forums.mydigitallife [.] info/threads/31404-How-to-permanently-add-SLIC-in-%28newer%29-ASUS-EFI

Unfortunately this method was linked to the middle of a thread with no straight forward instructions and I wasn't sure what they were talking about in the thread itself.

I just updated my BIOS to version 1102: dlcdnet.asus [.] com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/H61M-E/H61M-E-ASUS-1102.zip

I used the ASUS EZ Flash 2 Utility in the BIOS Setup and I followed these instructions: vip.asus [.] com/forum/view.aspx?id=20070215223109668&board_id=1

It was successful and it says that the EZ Flash 2 Utility is the safest way to Flash my BIOS. Is this true? Why?

I have modded 2 computers successfully so far (Both HP Laptops with SLIC 2.0's that I changed to 2.1), and I was able to follow some pretty good instructions with explanations about what I was doing, but I don't this they will be very helpful as I am now dealing with a non name brand Desktop computer that does not have an existing SLIC to modify.

I was not able to find the ASUS H61M-E in the list of already modded BIOS.

So basically I am looking for a mentor that might be able to help me figure this out.

I've also done a RW Everything report (sendspace [.] com/file/r2mib2).

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. opakedragon

opakedragon MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2011
    Thanks Tito. I saw that post before but I didn't know if my motherboard was compatible since it wasn't listed.

4. opakedragon

opakedragon MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2011
    Woot it worked! I ran the SLIC Toolkit (it registered the SLIC table fine) and after installing the certificate/key, I successfully activated Windows 7.

Thanks for your help!

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback.

:hug2: