New Modder seeking advice/help

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by opakedragon, May 15, 2014.

1. opakedragon

opakedragon MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2011
    Hey Guys

I recently built a new PC using and Asus H61M-E

I would like to add SLIC 2.1 to the BIOS

I ran the SLIC Toolkit V3.2 and it said "Dump Error ! (SLIC Table Not found ! )"

Am I able to add the SLIC table in?

I like the sounds of the "new module" method described here: forums.mydigitallife [.] info/threads/31404-How-to-permanently-add-SLIC-in-%28newer%29-ASUS-EFI

Unfortunately this method was linked to the middle of a thread with no straight forward instructions and I wasn't sure what they were talking about in the thread itself.

I just updated my BIOS to version 1102: dlcdnet.asus [.] com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/H61M-E/H61M-E-ASUS-1102.zip

I used the ASUS EZ Flash 2 Utility in the BIOS Setup and I followed these instructions: vip.asus [.] com/forum/view.aspx?id=20070215223109668&board_id=1

It was successful and it says that the EZ Flash 2 Utility is the safest way to Flash my BIOS. Is this true? Why?

I have modded 2 computers successfully so far (Both HP Laptops with SLIC 2.0's that I changed to 2.1), and I was able to follow some pretty good instructions with explanations about what I was doing, but I don't this they will be very helpful as I am now dealing with a non name brand Desktop computer that does not have an existing SLIC to modify.

I was not able to find the ASUS H61M-E in the list of already modded BIOS.

So basically I am looking for a mentor that might be able to help me figure this out.

I've also done a RW Everything report (sendspace [.] com/file/r2mib2).

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    1. Obviously you can. Its just the vanilla bios that lacks of SLIC.

2. Simply follow this guide by akcent to permanently add SLIC.

3. You can either use EZ Flash or use BUPDATER to flash from DOS. Both are ok.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. opakedragon

opakedragon MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2011
    Thanks Tito. I saw that post before but I didn't know if my motherboard was compatible since it wasn't listed.

4. opakedragon

opakedragon MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2011
    Woot it worked! I ran the SLIC Toolkit (it registered the SLIC table fine) and after installing the certificate/key, I successfully activated Windows 7.

Thanks for your help!

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback.

:hug2:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...