New Samsung laptop windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by wilx, Feb 12, 2010.

1. wilx

wilx MDL Novice

Mar 5, 2008
    I have a brand new windows 7 Samsung laptop, and am trying to find the certificate to see if its new and worth posting and if I can use it to use the latest official slic2.1 bios on my net book, a Samsung nc10.

If I look in the root of c:, there is no certificate there. Anyone any idea how to find which one it uses?

Incidental, this laptop came with home premium, so I went to properties ( right click my computer) and it said update to other versions of windows 7. I clicked on it, and it asks if I'm eligible for an upgrade, so I give it the key for Samsung windows 7 ultimate posted elsewhere..... and it says all OK, goes and downloads some files ....and bang I'm on windows 7 ultimate, all regged no bios modding or anything ...cool

2. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    #2 pkaji123, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  3. wilx

wilx MDL Novice

Mar 5, 2008
    Hi
    it didn't come with a dvd, can i get it from anywhere else?

4. omdhar

omdhar MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Or you can use vista7 slic ldr to dump your OEM Certificate (Click More tab on vista7 slic ldr) . If it is useful, you can later use it with custom option under certificate selection.

5. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    It probably has a OEM (recovery) partition

anyway i think he is interested in the contents of the following folders on your PC:

C:/Windows/System32/OEM/
    C:/Windows/System32/OOBE/Info
    C:/Windows/System32/Setup/
    C:/Windows/System32/Panther/
    C:/Windows/Web/Wallpapers