new SAPI-4 and 5 voices installed, not showing in menus?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by stayboogy, Oct 20, 2011.

1. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    i've installed 3 sets of M$ voices for text to speech but not a single one them is showing in the drop down menu in control panel, speech recognition, text-to-speech voice selection, nor are they showing in my textaloud software?

can someone help me? i have no idea why they are not showing up and a google search hasn't helped either. i absolutely loath M$ Anna, the robots sound better than her...

2. aurise

aurise MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2007
    try this:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech\SpeechUX\sapi.cpl

my windows is x64 so if yours is 32 bit search for it in 32 bit location

3. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    my windows is 32 bit, and what you have suggested only opens the same dialogue that is opened using the control panel. that's what sapi.cpl = sapi control panel... this has nothing to do with making the voices selectable or visible in the control panel--not to be completely rude, but why post me something that is nothing near a solution and is the same nonsense i can find with a google search???

and for 32 bit it's not in the same location, it's in windows\system32\speech\

i'm not asking how to open the control panel, that's simple, i'm asking how to get my additional voices to show up in the control panel...

4. aurise

aurise MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2007
    in standard tool in control panel i don't have options to change voices but by this .cpl file i have it ;)
    so your windows is all borked up

5. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    no, not quite. you apparently don't know what you are talking about...

it's under "speech recognition" in control panel, and then "text to speech" on the left, and 64 bit is no different from what i've seen on a pc running 64 bit windows 7. the file you suggested is exactly what comes up when one goes where i said in control panel.

and still after installing 3 sets of voices, 2 of which are from microsoft, all that shows is Anna...

need some help from someone who knows what's up, please...

6. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
  7. aurise

aurise MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2007
    As I said your windows is all borked up, see the expected behavior

In control panel :

control1e.jpg

control2z.jpg

control3.jpg

and by the CPL tool ;)

cplshortcut.jpg

optionsjf.jpg

So look for issues in your borked windows and don't tell people "they don't know what are talking about" ;)

8. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    #9 stayboogy, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
    (OP)
    first off my windows isn't "borked". as i said i'm running 32 bit, and your pictures don't mean jack because i've personally done the same on 64 bit and they don't show up on one when they don't on the other, and vice versa, if they show up on one they show up on the other...

just refrain from posting until you have a solution for my issue, because clearly you do not...