New to Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by MrBiglund, Apr 3, 2008.

1. MrBiglund

MrBiglund MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2008
    Guys, I just upgraded my computer and thought why not install vista 64 because i'm running core2duo cpu. Well, I downloaded this vista release off of a torrent Microsoft.Windows.Vista.Ultimate.X64.OEM.DVD.READ.NFO-NoPE, and it works great, doesn't need to be activated, i think the crack is built in which emulates a dell pc and i also updated to sp1 and updated it thorough windows update after that, so windows is totally up to date and it hasn't been deactivated. Still works great, no warning signs etc., so, wouldn't this be a better option then modding your bios and flashing? Also, anyone else tried the same release but had problems instead, I would like to know if this will eventually unactivate etc.,? Or anyone else here that's running it fine with all the updates installed? Please let me know, thanks.

2. Mitsch79

Mitsch79 MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2008
    Hi,

since this sounds like a driver based modification the chances are very good that this vista version will be de-activated by a future update.
    But you can set up you windows update funtion to only download updates without installing them or you simply don't update your windows anymore, which i have to say, would be a bad idea.

The chances that M$ will be able to detect the bios mods are very low, since they would need to know which vendor sold which configuration to double check if the currently activated windows was sold in the config found.

Then you have to keep in mind that customers can change their config as well.
    So probably they could limit it using information about the mainboards sold with that special SLIC.
    But Windows would most likely only be able to use the MB-bios string which can be changed.

So, to summarize that. Driver level mods are easy to use and more safe for your hardware, but will be de-activated in the future.
    Bios mods are a bit risky to flash but can not be detected in anyway and will therefore never be deactivated.

You decide :)

3. MrBiglund

MrBiglund MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2008
    That's what I was thinking too, it's only a matter of time before this hack will deactivated by ms. I'm interested in doing the SLIC hack and have managed to find a modded bios for my motherboard ga-p35-ds3l, which I have downloaded, it mentions that it's modded to asus SLIC, now I can't seem to find the key and activation file for the asus modded SLICs. If someone could please point me to the right direction, it would be very much appreciated. thanks.

4. pecko88

pecko88 MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2008
    This version of vista uses Vista Loader V 2.1.2 , you can see it load at boot but if your computer is faster you will have to hit Pause.
    But there is no guarantie that microsoft will not realese an emergency update for it that will install it self without your permision, even if you have turned of Automatic Update, so real bios mod is the best and will never be disabled.
    And regarding your latest question here are some keys and the way you should install them:
    Note. The digital licence for the specific bios mod will be provided to you by the moder, so you dont have to search for it.

Attached Files: