Newbee questions on office 2010 tool kit

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by mike9874, Dec 15, 2012.

1. mike9874

mike9874 MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2012
    Hello folks, newbee here, and this is my 1st post. I downloaded office pro 2010, from microsoft few days ago, I used the office 2010 toolkit dated 8-2-11 think its version 2.3 It validated my office 2010 pro plus no problems.
    I am running win 7 ultimate.

Now for my question, I have read on here you need to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0, before using the office toolkit, but I did not install net framework 4.0, and it still validated my office 2010. Then I removed anything related to whatever the toolkit installed except for office 2010 of course. Not sure if I was suppose too....but I did. I thought once I my office 2010 was activated with the serial # I was all set??
    I have updated office 2010 from microsoft, no problems. So......is my copy of office 2010 activated forever....or am I going to have problems down the road....meaning at some point will microsoft tell me its illegal copy or something????

Also, when looking in my registry file......it still puts in the word "Trial" after every entry related to office 2010????
    I was hoping the toolkit would have removed the Trail word from my registry. So......is thier anything I should do now, or am I ok.....with my install of office 2010???
    Thanks for any replys to my questions, Mike.

2. mike9874

mike9874 MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2012
    Thanks for the reply redroad, but.....it IS activated now.....its not in trial version mode. The EZactivtor worked changing it to a validated copy. But, I did not keep the program on my computer after it validated office, I deleted it.....and also the dir it made in windows. I was hoping that this program would be a one time thing, and keep working without needing a 3rd party program that has to keep running forever.....sigh....

3. privatehun

privatehun MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Your activate last for 180 days only....so keep the tool kit..u need it forever....

4. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    the tool works great and is probably how most people here are running office .. as far as any concerns you might have with the tool there have been no bad reports about it that I know of .. However because it's activation works through KMS a VL version of office is required and it works on a 180 day time clock but I believe it runs a daily activation but that can be changed .. But like what was said above the newer version does require net framework 4.0 or better .. Any questions about the tool itself are best answered by Cody over on his thread

5. mike9874

mike9874 MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2012
    Ok, from what everyone is telling me, even tho my office pro 2010 is activated at present, I need to keep the KMS installed....AND change my office to a VL version.
    Ok.....already tried d/l from 2 or 3 sites, listed on some of the msgs on here.....most of the sites were bogus....or tried to take me to a site that wanted to hack my computer....but I did get a copy from a site.....tried using this z-zip program to extact.....dosn't work.....even tried using the password....nothing.....
    So....do I really need to change my office 2010 to a VL version.....or can I just keep the KMS installed???
    OR.....can I make my already installed version a VL copy???
    Sorry for all my stupid questions.....but I am not a programmer.....just an old fart...smile. Mike.

6. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    #7 redroad, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
    If you haven't tried put all downloaded parts in folder left click on one it will highlight --> now using the arrow key with the shift key held make sure all parts are highlighted --> right click on any folder and with 7z (quick google search for download) choose extract here put in pass word and you should have your ISO . note it may take a few minutes before ISO is done so be patient:D 63 here Mike :yeahyeah:Oh been to Downeast Maine .. Loved it

7. mike9874

mike9874 MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2012
    #8 mike9874, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
    (OP)
    Ahhhh......file I d/l is just ONE big file, 200 megs, its suppose to be office 2010 pro plus and I think its already VL version. the problem I have with that file is I can't get 7z which I have installed to view it, extact it.....nothing.......file name that I d/l is 730330.7z.003
    Hmmmmm wonder if I am suppose to delete the last 3 numbers.... 003.....

Nope, tried changing the filename by removing the 003, that made it worse....nothing will extract contents, or even allow me to view contents....this really should'nt be that hard....oh well.....you guys should use RAR......much better program.

8. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    Mike 003 means part 3 there are more parts ..show me the link where you are getting it from on this forum

9. mike9874

mike9874 MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2012
    Well after thinking about what a pain this whole experience has been redroad, I went on ebay, and bought it, for 39 bucks. Will see if this is legit. I am suppose to get a legal key, and also a place to d/l the iso file. (both 32 and 64 bit) Key will work twice......incase of crash or whatever. Key is suppose to be from mickeysoft.
    If this is a legit deal......its worth the 39 bucks to me. Grin.

Oh, downeast Maine is a very pretty area, lived in Maine my whole life......glad you liked Maine while you were here. Mike.

10. mike9874

mike9874 MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2012
    Well, thats a tourist area in summer, VERY pretty area in summer. Thats about 190 miles from me, its way up the coast from where I live. Thats in like the Bar Harbor area.
    I am more close to Portland, Me. If you don't mind cold weather in winter.....you just might like the area. Way too many tourists thier for me. Still no snow here in my area, but according to local weather....thats gonna change very soon, think we got like 2 storms heading our way. So time to get snowblower gassed up!!! lol