Newbie ? about updating Win7 Ultimate x64/RemoveWAT with SP1

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Omen, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Omen

Omen MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2011
    Sorry for the newbie post, I've tried to search the forums for the answer to my question, and I'm sure it's here, but I can't find it.

I have Win7 x64 Ultimate installed in a boot camp partition of my Mac. I got this copy last year from the newsgroups, and it contains an embedded serial number (not the real bad one). I've successfully run RemoveWAT 2.2.6 and been using it successfully for quite a while, but I would like to apply the service pack to get those fixes.

I don't want to run a loader, since my system has several partitions of various formatting (NTFS, HFS+, EXT2, FAT32). I can't risk the loader invalidating one or more partitions, so in my very sparse knowledge I opted for the RemoveWAT patcher. My question is this - can I apply the official MS SP1 to my installation and keep it pseudo-genuine? I don't think I can without doing some setup work in advance, but I'm not sure what that is:

* disable Windows updates -and/or-
    * run a program to patch the service pack -and/or-
    * run a program to patch me so I can install the genuine service pack -and/or-
    * download a patched service pack -and/or-
    * many things that I haven't considered

Please lend a hand to a newbie. Thanks.

2. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    Have a look under the Windows 7 and find sticky "The Official Windows 7 Repository" - all you need is detailed there :eek:

3. Omen

Omen MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2011
    Thanks for the pointer; I'll take a look there.