*newbie* BIOS related query

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by x86, Sep 5, 2020.

1. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    It will start alright, I am not worried about that. I have no problems with setting everything up, OS, drivers and such.
    My concern is that the BIOS is clean. Obviously, latest BIOS revision is not installed, but when I do so, does that mean that the old BIOS is overwritten in its entirety?
    Does simply the "Load BIOS Defaults" afterwards guarantee a clean start? What if there are any security-related settings - are those also restored to defaults?
    Is there something hidden/not obvious that I could also check?

For example, I remember from previous case that a custom boot logo isn't removed when the BIOS is updated (because the image file is stored in a hidden partition). You need a seperate process for that.
    Is there anything else I should be looking up?

4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #4 kaljukass, Sep 5, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2020