Newbie Help...want to reinstal windows 7 HP without bloatware...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Ozigoo, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Ozigoo

Ozigoo MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2010
    Hi, Im a little confused with all the different options & versions of windows 7 around...
    I have just bought a new acer laptop with windows 7 HP already installed...
    I want to format the HDD and reinstal Windows 7 HP without all the acer bloatware and use the retail Win7 OEM key I have on the bottom of my laptop...
    Preferably i would like to download an ISO and burn it to disc for safe keeping and whenever I need a clean instal....
    Any help or suggestions greatly apreciated...cheers

2. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ozigoo

Ozigoo MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2010
    #5 Ozigoo, Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
    (OP)
    Thanks guys, reading through the links and better informing myself, I may as well install Windows Ultimate...gota love you guys and MDY...your the best...:biggrin:

Just a quick question....Im a little confused between using the "Win 7 Loader" program and using one of the OEM SLP keys?

Can you just install it using the OEM SLP key in the initial setup? or is it best (as it says in one of the guides) to install it without the key in the initial setup and then use the Win 7 loader program after its installed..?

Also my brother inlaw bought Win 7 Ultimate awhile back, new,... can I just copy his disc and use it? or do i still need to copy it to a HDD remove ei.cfg from the sources folder, and then burn it to disc? cheers

4. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Ofcourse you can.. if it also needs the certificate later im not sure of..

5. vdl68

vdl68 MDL Junior Member

Sep 11, 2009
    If you brought a Acer notebook, how did HP branded Win 7 got install. I would think Acer would have its own branded Win 7 with Acer bloated-ware not HP. Anyhow.. just make a back-up of your activation, so if something arise while you clean install, you can just use that to activate Win 7 offline.

6. 69218

69218 MDL Member

Apr 30, 2009
    HP = Home premium, not hewlett packard ;)

7. FattysGoneWild

FattysGoneWild MDL Member

Mar 7, 2010
    You want to uncheck activate online during install. Then install cert./key manually or use Daz loader to do it automatically. Since you have slic 2.1 you are not actually installing the loader. It just installs the cert./key for you. As for ultimate disk. You can use that for install. Just make sure it is the right version 32 bit or 64 bit which every one you need.

8. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...