Newbie Help

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by sHiMoZu, Jan 5, 2016.

1. sHiMoZu

sHiMoZu MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2016
    Hi everyone

I'm very new to the world of BIOS modding. I have a Gigabyte MA770T-Ud3 motherboard that I want to add slic 2.1 to. I've found the necessary files but cant find any step by step guides as to how I update my BIOS so that I can activate windows 7 through the OEM route.

I have a gigabyte-gbt-2.1.xrm-ms file (which I assume is the certificate) and a ma770ud3.f9g file (which i assume is the modded bios update file) as well as flashspi.exe and autoexec.bat files. (posted by bandolier.wz on this forum)

I have also downloaded the required bios update from Gigabyte.

Can someone please provide a step by step guide as to how I apply the mod and activate windows 7?

Also will it be ok to revert back to the original bios once windows has been activated (my board has a backup bios) or will I need to keep the modified bios in place in order to use windows7? Also will any OEM activation key work regardless of manufacturer? e.g will an OEM activation key for Dell work with my modified bios or will I need a Gigabyte OEM key?

Apologies if these questions have been asked before but I cant seem to find any faqs or step by step guides.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

2. sHiMoZu

sHiMoZu MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2016
    Thanks for the advice. I actually went ahead and flashed my BIOS. First updated my bios to the required version using @Bios. Then created a bootable usb tool that contained the necessary files to flash my bios with the mod and it all worked perfectly. :biggrin:

3. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Nice one...Happy you sorted it..