Newbie in Mod BIOS matters

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by WinUser32, Feb 1, 2010.

1. WinUser32

WinUser32 MDL Novice

Feb 1, 2010
    Firstly hi all for al the ppl in this forum.

I used as allways a loader for use Win7 and for now removewat actually and all goes good.

Now i need to use Windows 2008 for some things and i have read a lot for how to validate this operating systems, it seems the best option is modify the bios and later use a valid key, modiffing bios, when i thing in this matter the fear stops me.

I have a Asus Motherboard with a Award BIOS, in the asus specs page it says this for the bios:

8 Mb Flash ROM AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI2.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 2.3, ACPI 2.0a, ASUS EZ Flash 2, ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3

This motherboard have bios recovery and bla bla bla lot of options as flash bios from pendrive, but, i want to be sure that i want to do about this stuff, i can feel lot of terror thinking about to do this but for the moment this is the only think to have a 2008 server activated o_O

First of all, i need to know what type of bios i have to patch, i have read about version 3 or 2 of award i how i can try this in the most secure way

thanks all for this great forum and any type of help would be fine.

2. WinUser32

WinUser32 MDL Novice

Feb 1, 2010
    I have missed a important point, i only will use win2008 in virtual machines, in virtualbox. do i have to use this flash modiffing method or diferrent way?