Newbie question

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by llGoogolpleXll, Aug 17, 2014.

1. llGoogolpleXll

llGoogolpleXll MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2014
    Hi all

I've been looking trough this forum for some time now but I keep wondering what exactly are the benefits from modding your BIOS. For example I have an Asus Maximus VI Formula motherboard, now let's say me or someone would inject a SLIC into this, and please correct me if I say something that doesn't make sense, what would be the real benefit for me?

I look forward to reading the answer(s)!

-me

2. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Well one benefit would be for you to be able to install a large capacity HDD i.e 4 TB HDD.
    A HDD this size would have to be set to GPT.
    Daz's loader does not work on GPT drives, only MBR.

The BIOS mod would allow you to active Win 7 by making your own OEM image, disc or USB installer.

3. s1ave77

s1ave77 MDL Guide Dog/Dev

Aug 15, 2012
    As OP is using Win 8.x and a high class board ... not much benefits to gain :cool2:.

Mostly BIOS mods are used to gain Win 7 OEM activation or break hardware restrictions (i.e. add hardware to a whitelist) and unlock features.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    I never read about his info untill you put this post slave77...;)

Yeas totally agree, no point at all.....

tn should learn to read properly...:eek:

5. llGoogolpleXll

Feb 11, 2014
    Thanks for the reply but I don't you're trying to say..:confused:
    I'm very sure that I can already utilize >3TB HDD's if they are GPT-formatted...
    Regarding DAZ's loader, I have MAK keys for Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 and even a retail (OEM) key for Windows 8 / 8.1, so I don't use any activator on my machines.
    And lastly you said that the BIOS mod would allow me to activate Windows 7 by making my own OEM iso, what do you mean by that?

6. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008

Disregard all I said. If your running Win 8.1 modding the BIOS will do NOTHING for you what so ever.

Activating Win 7 by OEM...read here about Win 7

http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/7126-The-Official-Windows-7-Repository

7. llGoogolpleXll

Feb 11, 2014
    Got it, thanks! :)