Newcomer's question about bypassing the WAT for Windows 7 Ultimate x64 French

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Aldarune, May 31, 2010.

1. Aldarune

Aldarune MDL Novice

May 25, 2010
    Hi everyone,

Please forgive me if it's been asked numerous times but I have concerns about how to proceed with my copy of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 French. I've downloaded RemoveWAT and Daz's Loader.

My current comp is running Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and has been activated through normal means. I plan on doing a clean install of the Ultimate version. When I get to the point it's fully installed, do I wait for it to load all the updates including the dreaded KB971033 and then use the RemoveWAT to uninstall it? Wouldn't the updater check if it's still present on next updates?

Seemingly I plan on doing a clean install of another computer, this time with my own bought version of Windows 7 Home Premium. Do I follow the same steps?

Thanks in advance for all your answers. I also apologize if my questions sound stupid. I'm new to this and I'm being careful. :)

2. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    Just use Daz's Loader and update your system afterwards. That'd be all you have to do.

KB971033 is an optional update, isn't it?!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Calistoga

Calistoga MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    You will probably be just fine even with KB971033 installed ;)

4. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010
    Hey i upgraded from home premium to ultimate using SLP_OEM keys....no need for clean installation.Just use any ultimate key

5. Aldarune

Aldarune MDL Novice

May 25, 2010
    Thanks for answering. :)

Where can I find those keys though?

6. alextheg

alextheg Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 7, 2009
    See here . Please take the time to look around the forum. ;) :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Aldarune

Aldarune MDL Novice

May 25, 2010
    The thing is my version of Windows 7 is not an OEM one.

8. alextheg

alextheg Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 7, 2009
    This does'nt matter. Assuming you have Slic 2.1 bios, install W7 ultimate x64. Get youself an SLP key from the collection, any one will do as they are not brand specific. Also get your self a certificate which matches your machine eg: HP machine = HP certificate. Basically the certificate has to match the slic 2.1 in your nios. Put the certificate in the root folder of drive C.

Once you have installed W7 and you have you key and cert do the following: Open command prompt as administrator and type the following
    slmgr -ipk xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (replace x's with product key) hit enter

slmgr -ilc C:\CERTIFICATE.xrm-ms ( change certificate to whatever cert is called) hit enter

You now have an activated copy of W7.

However if this all seems too much like hardwork then install W7, Daz's loader or Remove WAT, do your updates and away you go.

9. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010
    OEM keys work for any version....Just paste it in the upgrade option program in start menu

10. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    You mean OEM:SLP keys..

And key thread is a sticky..

11. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010
    Yup dude...the same