Newegg getting called on bank fraud scheme

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Joe C, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PointZero

PointZero MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011
    What a shame.. Newegg's my favorite place to buy from. Bought a bunch of stuff from them over the years, as many here probably have also. Hope they survive this. But if the banks are still owed a $1 billion, it's gonna be a tough time for them (and the other companies involved).

3. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    this people thought they where going to get away with this....theirs no way u going to con that much money and walk away squeaky clean.

4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    When I buy from newegg, I'm not charged sales tax.
    Is it possible that the 'no tax' issue also weighs into this?

Just a thought.

6. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I've never been charged tax, and that goes back to 2002 or earlier. If Newegg is in your state, they have to charge you a tax. So far they have distribution points in Indy and New Jersey, besides Cali. When they have a part in Indy, it's about one or two day's ship for me:). If it's from Cali then it's three day's at a minimum. If I lived in Indiana, then I'd have to cough up a state sales tax

7. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    Newegg became more costly and so I have not used it in years. I buy all my hardware from either directly from the manufacturer or from Amazon, eBay, Tiger Direct, Staples, Walmart, or various other sources which I feel will give me the best deal for the latest versions. Newegg has not been counted among that list for a long time. I stacked them (Newegg) right next to Best Buy, as a source checked last and usually when facing no other option (rare item or older tech at twice the price).

8. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    Newegg has a two big stores in my city I wonder if they will remain open after this?