No activation, despite modded bios, certificate and key

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ValleyDude, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValleyDude

ValleyDude MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2009
    Hello all,

I've spent my entire free Saturday reading the forums here, they really are a wonderful recource. I started out knowing barely anything, but have climbed the ladder to know more about modified bioses, manufacterer certificates and Vista-specific product-codes.

However, things are still not working 100% for me. I have an Asus EEE PC 900A, flashed my bios with version 0804_SLP1 and obtained the certificate for Asus.

Registering the certificate and implementing the product-key through the slmgr.vbs-command goes just fine, because I receive the notification from Vista that both have been registered fine.

However, when I check my Vista (Business), it still says that it's not activated and that there are 29 days left.

I'm lost. I have my modified bios, I have the certificate for Asus and I have the correct key for Vista Business. And yet it won't activate. Am I doing something wrong, or overlooking something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bgage

bgage MDL Senior Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Hi ValleyDude,

Are you already check the BIOS if the SLIC is already there using RW Everything or Everest?

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #5 Yen, Jul 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
    Sorry you need to upload the report file:
    Install rw everything. Press acpi button, wait and press save all......... it's the second icon of the right hand side (or ctrl+F2) and upload the table dump......AcpiTbls.rw file

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #6 Yen, Jul 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
    There is no SLIC at all. Could you please link to the modded bios and the original bios?
    You've modded it by yourself?
    There is no SLP2.0 or SLP2.1 SLIC.... something is wrong with the mod...you are sure you've flashed the modded bios?
    Maybe you've added SLP1 only, no SLIC?
    0804_SLP1 seems to activate XP only.....you've used andyp's tool and did not choose a SLIC file?

6. ValleyDude

ValleyDude MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2009
    Argh I'm sorry Yen, I uploaded the wrong file. That was the bios of my desktop-pc instead of my Eee PC. Sorry for the inconvenience, it was already quite late when I did it. ;-)

Here is the right file, hope you can get something out of it.

Attached Files:

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Same result. The bios seems to be unmodified.....how did you modify it???

8. ValleyDude

ValleyDude MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2009
    Well, I'm lost. I have read (and learned from) a lot of threads on this forum over the last few days, but apparently I don't know enough yet. ;-)

For now I'll settle with XP, I installed that yesterday and activation with oembios went just fine.

Consider this thread closed. And Yen, thanks for thinking along with me.

9. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    OK, no problem.

IMO you've patched your bios with SLP1 string only, not with SLIC...

I close here, if you have any further questions, feel free to open a new one.