No BCPs found = hopeless to add SLIC ?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by cyan, Jul 29, 2009.

1. cyan

cyan MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    No BCPs found on phoenix bios editor = hopless to add SLIC ? :confused:

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Not as confused as I am by this statement/question.
    Want intelligible answers????

Ask intelligible questions. You get out of it what you put in..From this statement, I get you really do not want any help...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Hope springs eternal..;)
    Hope this helps :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    the man!!!:D:D:D

5. leonicdragon88

leonicdragon88 MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2010
    Let me restate his statement intellectually. I am using Phoenix BIOS Editor Pro release 2.2.0.1 and I'm trying to open up the BIOS for my Dell Studio 1735, and whenever I add the 1735_a05 rom, I get a message pop up that reads "No BCPs found!" Is this version of PBE too old to modify this BIOS or is there some kind of watchdog or something on this rom files that prohibits it from being modified? I'm sure you can gather that I'm trying to modify the SLIC information from 2.0 to 2.1, and I have searched around and cannot find a modified rom for this computer. I found one for the 1737, but I don't know if they are compatible and do not want to brick this notebook since it is not mine exclusively. I noticed that out of the hundreds of mods, this series was not listed, so that leads me to believe that either it's an unpopular computer, or that there is a major problem with editing the file. I'm sorry if I'm restating a question that is already asked. thank you in advance.

6. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Use the mod tool by ANDYp in the mod forum stickies..PBE is not the best tool for the job anymore.

7. netcat

netcat MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2010
    I have the same problem except I need to to add SLIC but simply modify Bios splash screen.

any advice ?