No chance about Start Menu?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by test004, May 27, 2013.

1. test004

test004 MDL Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Hello i would like to know if there is an official answer from Microsoft thatWindows Blue would not have Start Menu.
    I know ,i know all saying that they would add only a start button
    So there is a ZERO chance about it?
    Im asking full of despair and i can not believe why Microsoft still pushing us to this crappy Metro. I guess they somehow spent a lot of money about this idea so they can not step back.

2. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    They pushing you? really?

Here is your solution, right there...see my signature vvv :rasta:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    #3 jayblok, May 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  4. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    It already has the start menu, but it open in a full screen mode... :p

I don't know why people really love the small start menu, I never remembered him since I am using the final version... :eek::eek::eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    Please support Tihiy and buy a license. It's cheap.

6. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    please skip win8,no need for 3rd party crap

7. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    What she said :spoton:

8. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    OR! learn to do something new. I see (as Ive said 100 times) the start screen ONCE per boot. After that no need. Right click left corner, edit it and add your doodoo there. All pau.

Seriously, If everyone wants bleeding edge (cough) OS's, go with it and learn to use it. Or just stay with what you really - truly want instead of trying to polish a turd. No matter how much you polish a turd, its still going to be.. a ... turd... :orb::aerobueke: wait for it, wait.. :aerobueke::poop:

-ed- and yes
    Tihiy is one of us, not one of "them"

9. M0rriss0n

M0rriss0n MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2011
  10. Tribbiani

Tribbiani MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2012
    Why would they put the Start menu back in when there's a perfectly good replacement called the Start screen?

11. ah-le-le

ah-le-le MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2012
    Start Menu in Windows 7 was pretty bad. If you don't use a program every single day, you forget that it is even there because those shortcut are not seen when you launch everyday applications. The Classic Shell Start Menu is much better than 7's in my opinion. To me, not having 7's Start Menu is no big loss.

12. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    oops ... another iteration of a WELL-known guy :D

13. zarto

zarto MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2010
    Just try Classic Shell or Start Menu Reviver.
    Both are good and free !

14. Mr Theme

Mr Theme MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2012
    wise pals up here :D:D:D

...and if u use only one program a day, you do not need a computer.... a cheap Android tablet will be enough for you, even you chitchat with socials, watch movies end pics...

if u use a SO how it is designed, you need the taskbar at sight always visible, no full screen crap, no random lego colors....

Start menu is there... just keep your 7 and use 8 as collection of downloaded ISO(i think it is enough for this OS :laie: :laie: )

15. MeMy&Myself

MeMy&Myself MDL Junior Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Yes, because a shortcuts holder, which is what the start menu was, is the core of a OS. I mean, obviuosly the ability of pin the stupid shortcuts to the taskbar (and make them small so u can pin a lot of them) is not enough! And lets not talk about the desktop, we all know is there to keep it empty becaus is not big enough to hold the 5787 million of shortcuts to programs we use everyday. So yes, omg!! what we will do without the start menu! Lets skip windows 8, 9, 10 and anything after that because they will NOT have it!!! Geez... ppl really can't get more idiotic.

16. eydee

eydee Guest

Surely having opinins and preferences is idiotic. Accepting anything they throw at you is the new way.