No connection using generic key windows 8/8.1

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by superchimp, Jun 18, 2014.

1. superchimp

superchimp MDL Novice

Jun 16, 2014
    As the title says, when I use a generic key to download windows 8/8.1 through the microsoft installer, I always get the message "We cannot connect right now". How can this be resolved?

Thanks in advance!

2. LoveYuki

LoveYuki MDL Novice

Jun 14, 2014
    Why not download the iso file directly?;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    you need a valid key for your download. If generic keys would work, everybody would load the files and this is what MS doesn't want

4. superchimp

superchimp MDL Novice

Jun 16, 2014
    If i'd find the dutch version anywhere, I would ;) but I don't want any tampered version of it, just the untouched ISO. If you have a link or so for that one, please let me know :)

5. superchimp

superchimp MDL Novice

Jun 16, 2014
    thank you! that was the version I was looking for :) I'll use Paul's Magnetic MSDN Jukebox version I think :)

6. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Why use dutch version if you can install english and add language pack after that !!

If you ever want to upgrade you will need the new dutch version and english is easier to find !!

Greetz base

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    lol ... Paul will have all new versions when available in all flavors :p

8. superchimp

superchimp MDL Novice

Jun 16, 2014
    Well, actually, most of the things are translated using the language pack, but not everything, the 'core' translations aren't made (for ex. when connecting to a wireless network, instead of "identificeren" it says "identifying") and I don't like that :D I know, it's a small thing, but I like a completely translated OS :p But that's just me ^^

Keep up the good work! :)