no enough space to copy PCI option rom

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Transient, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Transient

Transient MDL Novice

Dec 21, 2007
    Hello,

I have 3 PCI expansion cards:
    - Sil3114 SATA RAID controller
    - Soundblaster X-FI sound card
    - Intel PRO/1000 GT Gigabit Ethernet

When I try to install all 3 PCI cards in my system, I am presented with the following error:

no enough space to copy PCI option rom

Afterwards, the system will continue to boot, but my Sil3114 SATA RAID controller is unusable and tends to corrupt the connected drives.

My motherboard (ASRock 775dual-VSTA) uses a modded BIOS which allows it to accept 4GB RAM and Intel Quad Core processors. Additionally, I installed a Win7 SLIC.

I was hoping one of the many BIOS experts on the forum could comment on the error message. Is it possible to resolve this situation? Can I increase PCI option ROM space, or possibly delete unnecessary PCI option ROM modules (eg. onboard LAN bootrom).

Thank you for your help. If you need my BIOS file, I can supply it.

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Have you tried to disable unneeded onboard devices in bios setup (serial, LPT, MIDI...., IDE, legacy USB, game port?)

To remove the PXE boot agent could be an option. Anyway it depends on your bios. I guess the bios limits itself...assigns too less space, or isn't clever enough to allocate enough space.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Transient

Transient MDL Novice

Dec 21, 2007
    I did try disabling all unneeded devices but the error remains. This board uses AMI BIOS. Can you recommend a way to try removing PXE?