No hardware related electronics thread?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by value_f0rge, Nov 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. value_f0rge

value_f0rge MDL Novice

Feb 1, 2018
    Hello everyone, I know there is the BIOS Mods forum and such, but I was wondering if there was a circuit thread. I have some questions about some Flash devices I was wondering if someone could help me with.

2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Welcome to MDL!

:welcome2:

Which flash device are you interested in?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. value_f0rge

value_f0rge MDL Novice

Feb 1, 2018
    Hello! It's a Serial Flash Memory I have the data sheet. I can't post links yet. But the IC is a 25D40/20. Should be the first thing that populates on a search engine. It's made by Zetta Semiconductors

I'd like to pull the firmware off of it. I know that's not an easy task. It's not in the Flash ROM supported list or any of the ICS for like the TL866PLus programmer. I'd like to learn how I can build a custom circuit/ use like an STM32 to interface with it and analyze the logic. The end goal would be to write a program that I can interface with the device. Thanks!

4. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    Take a look here:
    https://www.elnec.com/en/device/Zetta/ZD25D40 [TSSOP8]/

Maybe you can search ebay for a "knockoff" programmer that supports it.

Worse case, you can use an Arduino with a serial port and send the data to a terminal program on Windows.

The interface is SPI, and the device is 3.3V

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. value_f0rge

value_f0rge MDL Novice

Feb 1, 2018
    @Michaela Joy

Thanks for the resources, has a lot of interesting stuff on there. I can't find any clones though :/ I didn't think it would work with an arduino as the chip runs at 80-85Mhz and the Arduino only runs at 16Mhz

6. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012