No Key Management Service (KMS) could be contacted.

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by 747skipper, Jan 27, 2014.

1. 747skipper

747skipper MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2012
    Sorry to ask what is probably a common question but I cannot find an answer.
    So any potential helper has all the facts here is the history.

Using Win 7 64 bit Ultimate.
    I was using Office 2010 activated by KMS, but after a cleanup with a Microsoft cleaning tool, it suddenly reported it was unactivated, and the toolkit I was using failed to activate it.
    I uninstalled and took the opportunity to install Office 2013 activated by KMSPico. It worked fine, (although the applause on startup gets wearing after a while) but I didn't like the anaemic look of 2013 and uninstalled to return to 2010.

I have downloaded a clean copy from Digital River and switched it with Switcher (Many thanks
    Stannieman). It installed fine (no key required) but Toolbox 2.5 Beta will not activate because:

Attempting To Activate Microsoft Office Attempting to Activate OfficeProPlus-KMS_Client
    ERROR CODE: 0xC004F074
    ERROR TEXT: The Software Licensing Service reported that the product could not be activated. No Key Management Service (KMS) could be contacted. Please see the Application Event Log for additional information.

Please can someone help?
    Thanks in advance

2. 747skipper

747skipper MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2012
    Still no Joy.

Many thanks for your reply acrsn.
    I have done as you suggested using the microsoft tool to uninstall Office completely, and CCleaner to remove any lingering remnants.
    I then rebooted disabled M.S.S.E. and did a standard install from a switched version.
    I ran MSK and chose EZ-Active but got the same message, copied below.
    I can see KMService running in the services section of Taskmanager.
    Have you any further advice please?
    Regards
    David

----------------------------------------
    Installing Any Matching Volume Keys.
    Attempting To Activate Microsoft Office
    Attempting to Activate OfficeProPlus-KMS_Client
    ERROR CODE: 0xC004F074
    ERROR TEXT: The Software Licensing Service reported that the product could not be activated. No Key Management Service (KMS) could be contacted. Please see the Application Event Log for additional information.
    <Product activation failed>

3. 747skipper

747skipper MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2012
    Gave up!

Reinstalled Windows and everything worked