No megaphone icon in Office 2021

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by JohnnyGui, Nov 16, 2022.

1. JohnnyGui

JohnnyGui MDL Junior Member

Oct 20, 2017
    Before anyone says it's because I converted to LTSC; I did have the megaphone icon with the Upcoming features options after converting to LTSC when I installed Office 2021 Pro Plus before. It even applied the Visual Refresh after the conversion by itself without me doing anything.

Now after formatting my PC (with Windows 11 Pro 22H2) and installing Office 2021 Pro Plus Retail again (using same edited config file from the Office Deployment config tool) and then applying KMS VL ALL, the new featured seems to be disabled. There is no megaphone icon, and when adding that icon through the menu options, it is greyed out.
    The update channel is still Current (Retail/RTM)

So why is it gone now? Does it need time?

2. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    Have you tried using the experimental flags to enable the button?
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...ice-visual-refresh.84152/page-13#post-1734060

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JohnnyGui

Oct 20, 2017
  4. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    I can assume that due to the end of the design and the public release, there is no need for testing, so it is not available. Other features are not tested as part of public releases. Minor changes are tested in a narrow circle of developers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. JohnnyGui

Oct 20, 2017
    So you're saying they released the new features temporarily for LTSC versions just to test it out on the public?

6. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    My opinion is that during testing the feature was available. After the end of testing, the parameters for the badge stopped "coming".

7. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Just checked, it's still in place and working perfectly.
    The only difference is that I'm currently on Windows 10 and maybe it has something to do with Windows 11 issues.

8. JohnnyGui

Oct 20, 2017
    Do you mean the LTSC version in your case has the megaphone and visual refresh without you editing the registry?

9. JohnnyGui

Oct 20, 2017
    Does installing Office Pro Plus 2021 Retail and then activating it also show the same issue in your case?

10. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    Not tested.

11. JohnnyGui

Oct 20, 2017
    I'm really curious if this is something with my PC.

@kaljukass

Could you please tell me if you edited the registry or not? And which office edition you have installed using the deployment tool?

12. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    I think I answered your question as exactly as possible,
    i.e. I have originally installed Microsoft Office Proffessional Plus 2021 Retail. This version I got when ownloaded directly from Microsoft, i.e. the original version of this moment.
    Installed is the full version, but only without Skype and Microsoft Teams is because these I already had.
    After installation the volume activation has been added, i.e. converted to LTSC and activated via KMS.
    I haven't made any other changes or disabled anything. Automatic updates are also enabled.
    So the current version is Microsoft Office LTSC Professional Plus 2021 version 2210 build 15726.20202 and everything works.
    The only difference is that I installed it in Windows 10, I will install it in Windows 11 in the near future. Then I can tell you how it works there.
    I plan to put Windows 11 on a completely new and clean computer that also has an 11th generation processor from 2022, so I will make a laptop which fully based on number 11, which meets absolutely all Windows 11 requirements, and then it is clear what works and what still won't want to work until now.

13. JohnnyGui

Oct 20, 2017
    Thanks, will wait for the result.

Something strange happened.

In Word's search bar, I typed "new look" and clicked on the result. A right column appeared with info about the Visual Refresh but the toggle button in it has an X image. I closed Word and restarted it and BAM, Visual Refresh has been applied.

The weird part is that all other non-LTSC features, such as co-authoring, are still not there while Visual Refresh is also a non-LTSC feature.

How is this possible?

14. geneticplasma

geneticplasma MDL Senior Member

May 13, 2011
    #14 geneticplasma, Nov 19, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
    LSTC-Versions don't get Feature-Updates from Microsoft. That's based on the term "LTSC".

Only the 365-version get these updates.

To get full access to all current office features, you have to install Office 365 Prof. Plus and covert it to Mondo-Volume license an activate it.

15. JohnnyGui

Oct 20, 2017
    But that's the thing. The non-LTSC feature Visual Refresh did get applied by itself while the other features did not. How come?

16. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017

Attached Files:

17. JohnnyGui

Oct 20, 2017
    Here it is
    Office Info.jpg

18. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    why it show 2 products ? can you share output of
    Code:
    reg query "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\ClickToRun\Configuration" /v "ProductReleaseIds"

19. JohnnyGui

Oct 20, 2017
    ProPlus2021Retail,ProPlus2021Volume

I downloaded the Retail version using ODT first.

20. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    i need to fix it … :D