No minidump after blue screen... Rootkit infection?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Zoulou06, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Zoulou06

Zoulou06 MDL Novice

May 28, 2017
    Hello,

I installed Windows 7 over one year ago, thus I expect some issues to start to raise but for once I got seriously worried and I fear my system to be compromised by a malware of some sort. Not to have a minidump report and all restore points gone after a blue screen are the reasons why I suspect something really bad going on.

One more thing is that Windows Update Manager is kind of broken, showing a blank page for patch history and spouting utter nonsense : "Updates were installed : never." One last thing : Windows system image backup keeps failing on external drive (I solved those two last issues tinkering with regedit but it still worries me).

My antivirus flags are set to green : ESET NOD32, MalewareBytes and Comodo Firewall did not report anything shady but something could have slipped out while installing a cracked game with ESET deactivated :busted: (although the game was installed and then uninstalled long before those recent issues occurred).

Do you believe I can carry on this way and not to worry too much or do you think I should reformat asap?

2. RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Zero out the OS drive and reinstall everything...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Zoulou06

Zoulou06 MDL Novice

May 28, 2017
    Ok, thank you.