No more excuses

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by bobbee12, Jan 30, 2013.

1. bobbee12

bobbee12 MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2009
    I've always been a champion of software piracy but for one reason....cost. Never thought I'd see the day that MS would put an end to this for me but they have. There is just 48 hours or so left to get your copy of Windows 8 Pro for $39.99. I would like to encourage everyone here, if you haven't already, to do so. No more activators, hacktivators, patches etc....just a legit key. No more excuses. :)

2. parapher

parapher MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2012
    I bought my key. Now I'm back to using a loader because it's as easy. So you can use a loader with less guilt, just buy a key and then use a loader because you don't want to activate every time you change out hardware or upgrade your BIOS. I guess you could call that 'the best of both worlds' LOL

3. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    what about these people who come later and have to pay the full price? Your argument sits on a very thin ice and I believe that some workarounds like KMS activation etc will help some friend here on board :D

4. parapher

Nov 6, 2012
    Given the slow (and somewhat difficult) adoption of Win8, I really don't understand the final pricing of the Windows products. It is way too high. MS needs all the help they can get with Win8 right now, so why not take at least $50 off final prices?

5. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Would still be 149$ and retail 229$

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. parapher

Nov 6, 2012
    OK, make that $100 off then :)

7. illuminatus_

illuminatus_ MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2012
    That is true, $39.99 is not that much but i live in Greece.

8. Majestic

Majestic MDL Junior Member

Aug 3, 2008
    Paying $39.99 is subject to certain conditions.
    Did you anytime lie your way through?

Still guilty as charged! :biggrin:

I rest my case.

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Why come later? Because didn't know about the new Windows 8? Or what else?

Fact is, the promotion of Windows 8 is very wide spread and you'll have problems to avoid to see those promotions!! So, that wouldn't be an excuse! And what else?

Isn't it a fact that many people are just lazy on one hand, or on the other even don't like to pay any price even if it's just 5 or 1 Bucks? "Are you stupid to pay for software you could get cracked for free!" is just one of the many answers I've get as question about why don't buy! And the same user's are not just a minority on this forum for to deny any payment to the developer!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. parapher

Nov 6, 2012
    #10 parapher, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    On top of that, how are you making that $39.99 in your personal life? Maybe you design rockets that kill people, maybe you work at Marlboro's and help people get addicted to killer cigarettes, or maybe you take care of elderly people in a nursing home or you grow vegetables for people to eat. I think MS needs a new activation system that is based on personal merit, because money has been found to not be a reliable proof of character and value in this world. This case will never rest :D

@pisthai: You're right, and I also think that this thread would not have existed if a Daz loader could easily have activated Win8, like it is with Win7 :) It is only when there is no easy way around it, that the $39.99 deal is even considered by many :)

11. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    @pisthai
    you are certainly right but go out to average joe who is not involved in this business. Guess what he thinks about the very high prices that will come along the next days when he is faced to accidentally. Most people don't know MDL and come here just by accident or by recommendation. Sometimes too late. There are some who think about a new OS in one year and then ... ? We cannot say that everyone on this planet is aware of MS' nice introduction prises and even the reduced amount of 39.99 is too high in certain places of this world.
    Anyway, I'm fine with what is going on here on MDL and we all can be thankful for this wonderful forum :D

12. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    Just a practical point .. If you are running any OS that is linked to your data and daily usage but is not supported by legit (legal ) activation you leave yourself at risk .. This at the very least is labor intensive just to keep it activated and stable .. Those who have the time and skills may be willing to put in the effort .. The lazy person however is always going to pay more no matter how you look at it ..

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    They had more than 3 month time to buy a legit version for an damn cheap price! Isn't it? That the average Joe isn't willing to pay anything of money, is something which is the normality in Thailand and may other countries as well. Fact is that there a lot "average Joe's" out there and on this forum which want everything for free including advice how to solve problems which occurs from those cracked version and be even to lazy to do the search and reading on their own!

Or am I wrong?

I'm fine with this forum and those people as well except those who try to taken all burden to other to let solve their problem and relax on their own because there a lot other who will do the work for them. That's just one of several examples.

14. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    I'm fine and done here. No more comments :D

15. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007

Yes, no more excuses. I skip windows 8. :D

(I am using legit w7 licenses on corporate machines, though)

16. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    #16 moderate, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    I agree...
    ...it is nearly for free. :)

After tweaking and tuning I've ended with licensed W8 system, which however behaves nearly exactly same as W7. :)
    Because all data drives are formated to ReFS now, the bridges are burned and there is no (easy) way back. :D

Yep, in the country, where some while ago people had normally 13-rd and 14-th wage payments and which currently all Eurozone countries donate... :p
    In Greece the fair price should be around 150EUR, so you people could sit under the palm tree and drink Ouzo... :D

17. bobbee12

bobbee12 MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2009
    #17 bobbee12, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    (OP)
    I actually was truthful. But I still used a freshly installed questionably downloaded copy of W7 to get it. lol.
    Using "workarounds" is in my blood. I doubt if I'll ever be fully "legit". But just this one time, MS had me backed into a corner with my argument. :)

@Illuminatus: Sorry you can't download it. I don't understand why this offer isn't extended to everyone. That dosen't make sense.

18. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    I refuse to buy a key, so I bought a couple systems (needed updated hardware anyway lmao)

19. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    And I live in Romania...:D

20. bk109

bk109 MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2012
    You guys are cool enough - for you 9.99€ . Btw,gimme a shout if you stumble upon my EX610 that disappeared from my moving car on the road that encircles Bucharest :biggrin3: