No more tpm hack

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by Dark Dinosaur, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. GaGiLu

GaGiLu MDL Junior Member

May 4, 2017
    Still will be ways to bypass it.
    The only thing that stop me officially to use W11 is my 7 th gen CPU Intel i7 -7700, shouldn't be a big deal to make it work.

3. MarvelX7

MarvelX7 MDL Member

Jun 1, 2021
  4. crossup

crossup MDL Member

Jun 20, 2015
    The original statement says block from upgrading, not block from booting. The former is a non-issue, the latter is one, but to what extent remains to be seen.

I'll decide whether W11 will run on my system, not M$ edgelords.

5. maddogster

maddogster MDL Senior Member

Mar 23, 2015
    since commodore 64 days everything has always been available for me and i don't expect things to change going forward with the minds of the world as long as internet is available and we don't have to go back to sneakernet/beg/barter system :p

6. vladnil

vladnil MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2019

They want to tie TPM to the user!

This includes.

The user's personal number

Personal information, passport, insurance

All telemetry

PS: Yay you're WORKERS! Switching to Vista SP2

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012

While I agree, we all also have seen things...starting to change "dramatically", things becoming...uhm...unnecessary complicated, if you dont follow the white rabbit constantly. ;)

8. Eorxroa

Eorxroa MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2011
    Final RTM/GA version of Windows 11 on Unsupported Hardware without TPM 2.0 while booting error using ntoskrnl.exe.
    You can't bypass TPM 2.0 on Final RTM/GA likely be due to BlSOD (Black Screen of Death) error.

Downgrade to Windows 10 at least version until 2025 or Switching to Linux like Ubuntu or Linux Mint without TPM 2.0.

9. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Linux is yet years behind compared to windows, those terminal commands are a nightmare...installing a nvidia driver is a nightmare and installing windows games too.

I tried linux (mint 17) years ago with a old laptop...alot of screen freezing and the community always blamed the nvidia card. Instead of fixing it they said i should buy a ati card. I also tried mint 18 with the same laptop, same s**t.

10. You're really trying to say that the whole Linux kernel is years behind the NT kernel? Also, you tried the wrong distribution. Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu, that exclusively is already a nightmare, but NVIDIA + something based on Ubuntu is always a bad decision. I'd recommend you something like Arch Linux or Gentoo, their drivers are in the official repositories and will save you from the nightmare mostly (although NVIDIA cards on systems with the Linux kernel are always a bad choice)

11. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    #11 Michel, Aug 1, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    There you go...so linux is a bad choice anyway for nvidia users.

And yes they can fix that with kernel updats because nvidia does supply linux drivers. For some reason they dont seem to care.

Also drivers are a big problem in linux, they always have their own standard drivers and not out of the box made by manufactures. Printers, soundcard etc

If linux had more support from manufactures with games and programs like windows has...then those problems where already gone. I hope to see it some day, but how many years we have to wait ?

12. shrinivas

shrinivas MDL Member

Apr 10, 2015
    I also have i7-7700k processor, and windows 11 works flawlessly. (Of course, some programs like wireguard on VPNs don't work, other than that)
    It is Asrock motherboard that has TPM too !
    Regards

13. GaGiLu

GaGiLu MDL Junior Member

May 4, 2017
    Im hoping for full driver support

14. Jaffar

Jaffar MDL Member

Jul 10, 2015
    #14 Jaffar, Aug 2, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    She was talking about upgrading to Windows 11 from inside Windows 10

15. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    People will always manage to get around stuff, they also said "vista" and "windows 7" was not crackable, it's indeed true that no one tried to crack it because there where so many ways of getting activated. Using a SLIC mod or using a loader, so why bother in "cracking" why you get the full experiance lol.

16. acer-5100

acer-5100 MDL Guru

Dec 8, 2018
    If MS wants can lock down whatever it wants, just like Apple/Huawei/Blackberry & C are already doing since years.

When yo have a locked bootloader, a secureboot, and everything else based on them, you can only hope in OS weakness not fixed in time.

In 2021, if you have some freedom, is because who controls you has purposely allowed it.

17. nosirrahx

nosirrahx MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2017
    MY will be faced with bricking/blocking updates on existing Windows 11 installs on unsupported hardware. I don't actually like Windows 11 so far so all this really means to me is that on my test boxes I'll have to hack stuff for fun, literally no other consequence.

I was talking to a guy that manages updates (hardware and software) for his company and he is of the opinion that this move is to force the corporate word into choosing between expensive new hardware and moving everything into the cloud.

18. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012
    Stuff like KNOPPIX (Linux), is a live system that boots everywhere, from USB or DVD.

It brings everything. Office, Paint, 3D Printing, Internet, Sound...

Its not Windows but it works.

Yes, the "Horror" begins when it comes to updating and installing additional everyday stuff...as it is not windows...but it works.

19. amajmon

amajmon MDL Senior Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Who cares we use Server 2022 if we can. If I may. The problem with your Linux is that it doesn't have the ability to install like Windows and that kills it completely. That's why you have a thousand distributions each with their own installation. When it comes to graphics drivers the only thing I hear from Linux developers is that they complain that the drivers are not open-source and that they can't implement them. Instead of using drivers like NVidia did as in Windows. You just click the installation file and INSTALL IT. Instead of solving these problems, they release dozens of Linux distributions that are all the same and worthless. Better to make better quality programs just to release a new fancy interface, makeup. When I last tried VLC Player it worked better on Windows than on Linux ... I would never use Linux but Server 2022 is here.

20. acer-5100

acer-5100 MDL Guru

Dec 8, 2018