No Network connection after Battle.net start.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by zeomax, Aug 13, 2015.

1. zeomax

zeomax MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2009
    #1 zeomax, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    I did a clean W10 install and i have a weird issue. Whenever I start up the battle.net launcher for the first time after a reboot my connection dies for maybe a second or so. After the start of the Battle.net launcher my connection will come back and now i can close and start the launcher without any problems.

My PC don't have wlan so i am using a LAN connection to my router. In the divece manager the are no yellow exclamation marks, so i think everything is installed correct. I know there is a VPN bug but i don't have any VPN installed.

Pls help. THX.

2. cyberloner

cyberloner MDL Member

Sep 19, 2009
    must be your network drivers need to be update... i am running diablo 3 here no problem

3. zero2dash

zero2dash MDL Member

Aug 30, 2012
    +1 I also do not have this issue with the Battle.net client (to play Hearthstone).
    (Although usually when I try to exit the client, it crashes and is "Not responding". But at no point does it take down my network connection.)

4. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Have you tried to connect directly to your modem and not a router and checked the firewall setting of said modem, have you turned off all live tiles so you don't have any draw on your bandwidth ?.

5. zeomax

zeomax MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2009
    #5 zeomax, Aug 13, 2015
    (OP)
    I can play every Blizzard game without any problem. No crash, no lags. Perhaps i have not even noticed that my inet was down but i had a download running in my browser then i start the launcher an my browser starts flashing in the taskbar, download failed. Next time i noticed this issue with my irc client. I start the B.net launcher and my irc client disconnects from every server.
    The weird thing this happens excactly one time by the very first start of the B.net laucher. After that everything works just fine.

I have a Asus P8Z68-V mainboard, there are no newer network drivers. The newest one are from 2013.

It is a VDSL modem without any firewall funktion. And i can not connect directly the the modem because the modem needs a VLAN-ID. And of course i have checked all setting. I have even completely deactivate the firewall in my router and the windows firewall, still the same problem.

6. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
  7. zeomax

zeomax MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2009
    #7 zeomax, Aug 13, 2015
    (OP)
    Ok, i tried this installer and a newer one is now installed but still have the same problem.

8. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    So you have a win 10 driver, VDSL modem, settings ok, win fire, router all set, I'm at a loss.

Hold on for a while, someone will read all of this who might have the answer, sorry couldn't help any better.

9. mrlgm007

mrlgm007 MDL Novice

Jun 10, 2015
    battle net and diablo 3 no issues but don't even think of running sc2 thinking about going back to 8.1