No new Windows 10 build found after a rollback

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Nicos18, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Nicos18

Nicos18 MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2011
    Hi,

a few days ago, I had to rollback from build 10049 to build 10041, because I had a serious issue in loading the system. Now I am on build 10041. I'd like to return to build 10049 again, but when I search for updates, it doesn't show anymore the build 10049. How can I return to build 10049?

The same thing happened on another pc, when I downgraded to 9926 from 10041. And it wasn't show up build 10041.

What is the reason for this behaviour? Is there a solution for this?

Thanks

2. Hektorrr

Hektorrr MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2015
    Try to change ring to slow and after this again to Fast.

Regards

3. Nicos18

Nicos18 MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2011
    Already done, but nothing.

4. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    I think you have to be on an none leaked build to get the update to 10049 other wise you have to check the update settings in the registry for the right ring ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. lunario

lunario MDL Senior Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Just dowload the iso put it on usb and upgrade through there

6. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    good for you :) iso's outhere are home brewed BTW :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

What's the point of the USB if you have to update? :g:

Just download the ISO, doubleclick on it and launch the setup.

8. Nicos18

Nicos18 MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2011
    I never installed leaked build, so I don't think this is my case. I also tried these suggestions found on the official Microsoft community, but nothing changed

This:

1. Open a Command Prompt (Run as Administrator)
    2. Type: cd %windir% and press the Enter key.
    3. Type: net stop wuauserv and press the Enter key
    4. Type: ren softwaredistribution softwaredistribution.old and press the Enter key.
    5. [ Note: if you get an error message, ignore and type the above again and press Enter ]
    6. Type: net start wuauserv and press the Enter key.
    7. Type: Exit and press Enter, then go back and check for Windows Updates again.

and this:

1. Open an elevated command prompt by pressing Win+X, then choosing "Command prompt (Admin)".
    2. In the command prompt window, stop the Windows Update services by typing "net stop wuauserv", then Enter (not the quotes, obviously). Wait until the command prompt is ready again.
    3. Still in the command prompt, type "net stop bits" and Enter, then wait for confirmation. Keep the command prompts window open for later use.
    4. Navigate to your Windows folder and then open the folder SoftwareDistribution:Computer>C:>Windows>SoftwareDistribution. Inside this folder are the files you will need to delete to clear the cache.
    5. Now, inside the SoftwareDistrution folder, open the Download folder and delete everything inside (folders and files): C:>Windows>SoftwareDistribution>Download (delete all).
    6. Navigate back out to the SoftwareDistribution folder, then open the DataStore folder and delete the file named DataStore.edb - do NOT delete the Logs folder.
    7. Still inside the DataStore folder, open the Logs folder and delete all files inside it.
    8. Navigate back out to the SoftwareDistribution folder and open the PostRebootEventCache.V2 folder anddelete all files inside it if there are any.
    9. Go back to the command prompt window to restart the Windows update services: Type "net start wuauserv" + Enter and wait for confirmation. Then type "net start bits" + Enter and wait for confirmation. (Remember NO QUOTES, just the text).
    10. Reboot your computer and check Windows Update again.

@T-S: unfortunately, at the moment, official ISOs for 10049 aren't available

9. Kuantum Freak

Kuantum Freak MDL Junior Member

Mar 30, 2015
    You can't upgrade using a virtual drive, running the setup will give you an error. Had this problem upgrading to build 10051

10. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Never happened to me, but even if its the case just extract the iso with 7zip/winrar/whaterver in same place on your hdd and then launch the setup.

Still no need to use a pendrive.

11. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    Just download the ESD and make it yourself.

12. Nicos18

Nicos18 MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2011
    Another user on Microsoft Community has posted another solution to resolve this issue. This time the solution worked!

Here is the steps to follow:

Possible registry problem:

Run "regedit" and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Applicability
    You should remove "RecoveredFrom" from registry.

Before deleting registry key back it up

1. In Registry Editor, locate and click the registry key or subkey that you want to back up.
    2. Click File > Export.
    3. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select the location where you want to save the backup copy to, and then type a name for the backup file in the File name field.
    4. Click Save.

1. In Registry Editor, click File > Import.
    2. In the Import Registry File dialog box, select the location where you saved the backup copy to, click to select the backup file, and then click Open.
    After removing RecoveryFrom be sure and reboot your pc before trying your Windows update again.