no oem slp in bios

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by throbber, Aug 26, 2010.

1. throbber

throbber MDL Addicted

Mar 13, 2008
    i ran the OEMBIOS tool to check for the slp but the bos screen flashs and gos ?.
    i then installed the only OEMBIOS files i could find for my motherboard(MSI MS-6524G) made by tiny pc hopeing it did have a slp string.
    i then went to ms updates but comes up with "not genuine"
    any advice on my need more please??

2. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Use a DMI editor to add required SLP strings, read the stickies for more info

3. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    #3 blackranger, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    MSI strings.

5. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    MSI will not work without a manual mod. then it will only work on SOME Award bios. The strings are not in the dmi, the addresses are in the mainbios.

You can add HP, Toshiba, and a few others. Reading some old threads would get you some accurate information. Using AndyP's tool allows for safe addition of many slp strings not in the DMI offset (ASUS, DELL, EMACHINES, etc). Manual mods allow for addition of most others.

Read and learn, a lot of good info can be had here, as well as the other stuff....:rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. throbber

throbber MDL Addicted

Mar 13, 2008
    i booted with the DMI Boot CD and went with option 2.
    stated windows and rechecked for a slp.
    found hp slp.installed the hp OEMBIOS files.
    i then went to win updates and it passed as genuine. i then filled my boots with updates..........so all seems good.
    many thx for your help guys :)

and blackranger you really should wind your neck in. i would rarther you say nothing.

7. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    #7 blackranger, Aug 27, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
    Don't be shocked that I'm rude here, certainly I'm not the rudest. Before asking a question you should first find threads related to your question (you ought to know this you join in 2008 and I'm in 2009), but seems that you haven't done that.
    Please be patient to read the old posts, all answers are kept over there.