No OEM SLP String Found

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by inquiring mind, Mar 10, 2010.

1. inquiring mind

inquiring mind MDL Novice

Mar 10, 2010
    Excuse my lack of knowledge in this area. I am new to this forum, and although I've tried to to use the search function to answer my questions, I find that I'm a lost ball in the tall weeds with regard to these subjects.

I have what I believe to be a valid download of Windows 7 Ulltimate that I have installed. I have used the daz loader several times, and am unable to activate. I wound up running the SLIC Tool Kit, but I don't know how to interpret the results. I received the message in the above subject line. Does this mean that I need to modify my BIOS? I'm running an ASUS M3A76-CM motherboard with the latest BIOS (1105).

TIA

:confused:

2. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    The "No OEM SLP String Found" message is irrelevant for Windows 7 - 7 uses SLIC table for offline activation - the OEM SLP String is used for XP so naturally Daz's 7 loader does not bother to supply that.

Don't worry about that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. inquiring mind

inquiring mind MDL Novice

Mar 10, 2010
    Thannks for the responses. I'm off to read some more. I've obviously done something wrong.