No sound

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by MaveRick23, Mar 10, 2014.

1. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Hello MDL,

I have such trouble in one PC:

There is no sound in that PC. There is looks everything correctly in the sound settings. all drivers are installed on device manage. I updated it too but nothing. When click test icon on the sound setting from control panel error window pop up, it did not pass that testing.

what can be a that trouble?

Thanks in advanced.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
    I had that problem once and when I opened the computer I found that there were no speakers.
    The dealer I bought it from was very embarrassed.

...T

3. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    There is spears and also connected right on PC. i will try driver booster.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Spearekrs turned on? Power supply plugged in? Bad power supply? Malfunctioning surge suppressor socket? Wires not securely plugged in? Cat or other pet chewed through a wire? These are all real world occurrences for me.

5. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    I bet is a plug connector issue, on the other hand maybe is a sound card (integrated or not) trouble.

6. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    everything is connected correctly, no cables are damaged. speakers are new ones. also PC is new.

7. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Try a different sound card. Try the speakers on different computer. Try different speakers on this computer. Something is either not properly connected, turned off or broken. Just because a component is new doesn't mean it hasn't failed.

8. eydee

eydee Guest

Trying a different sound card takes too much work, just boot with a live linux CD. If the hardware is fine, it will have sound. Then you can suspect a driver issue. If you have no sound under linux either, you have a hardware issue somewhere.

9. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Naaaww.... just takes a couple of minutes and the experience gained is valuable. But the LiveCD approach is a good one.

10. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Thanks for support friends. I will try.

11. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Even new parts or complete machines could come up with flaws or defective from factory, this is why you get one year warranty ;)

12. eydee

eydee Guest

Don't forget the money spent on the sound card and the work you do to earn that money.

13. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Or the time you waste for the sake of a cheap sound card for testing purposes and anyone doing computer repairs e.c.t
    .Should or will have extra hardware available so they can swap things out so you can eliminate the problem if it is onboard then usually driver problem or faulty hardware

14. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    I checked it with another speakers but same. I after update drivers by DriverBosster but not helped. PC shows that it connected. No red cross on volume icon on right below corner of monitor. i will install a windows if it may help it.

15. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #16 PhaseDoubt, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    Money? Cost of an el-cheapo sound card? If your an enthusiast you'd best be prepared and have at least a few spare parts. I don't know a single computer builder/experimenter who doesn't have a box full of old "junk" parts, cards and such that come in handy every now and then for the very purpose I mentioned. I've accumulated CPUs, sound cards, RAM sticks, cables, connectors and such by the dozen over the years. I keep them around because they may be old but they still work and sometimes I need one.

As far as it being hard work, you're got to be kidding. Swapping cards, memory sticks, hard drives, fans, power supplies and the like is what we do. It's all a part of the "hobby" and just the nature of the beast. If swapping out a sound card is work that's too hard for you, I'd say you're in the wrong hobby. As far as the work I do to make the money to facilitate my hobby, that's a labor of love. The reason I work at any job is to enable me to do those things I love to do. Why else would I have a job?

16. rEApEAt

rEApEAt MDL Senior Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Amem to that.

17. eydee

eydee Guest

Lucily the forum terms and conditions don't require members to be system builders and stuff like that, so assuming someone is one who comes here for help is a false assumption. They probably wouldn't even require help then.

18. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007