no success with any l**der for inspiron e1505

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by nurvus, Oct 17, 2009.

1. nurvus

nurvus MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2009
    Hi everyone,

First, I would like to thank everyone that works extremely hard in this forum to help others. I have spent hours reading around this forum looking for an answer before I posted (I have been in enough forums to understand how people hate those that ask questions prior to looking for answers on their own - AND I know how to use the search feature also :)).

I have successfully used Hazar's 7L**der on several systems without a single problem except one.... this inspiron e1505 - and I have installed on several different dell laptops. And when that one failed I tried every other l**der in the "repository" thread to no avail.

When I install one and it reboots, it gets stuck in this infinite reboot loop. I can fix that with the instruction on the above mentioned thread to fix the mbr or boot record. But after that, still nothing activated.

So I am hoping that either someone else has run into the problem and fixed it or knows how to. Why is this particular system so resistant??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nurvus

2. kaos420

kaos420 MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    search for wow 7. i used it on inspiron 6000 & 1425 activated them both no problem...

3. nurvus

nurvus MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2009
    I have tried that one as well with no luck. But thanks for a quick response.

4. whitehat2009

whitehat2009 MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    How bout you try a modded BIOS? That's what I'm using for my E1705 (the 17" big brother) so I'm almost positive you can do the same for yours. Much cleaner, elegant, and more reliable than any loader out there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. derausgewanderte

derausgewanderte MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    #5 derausgewanderte, Oct 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Daz's loader ( fresh install first)

Just wondering have you checked the latest version of Daz's loader? It comes with 4-5 options I guess.. one has to work for you.. :rolleyes:

I had the same resistance issue with my Dell Dimension.. now all is fixed thanks to Daz..;)

Check it out and tell me..

7. nurvus

nurvus MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2009
    @Johny23

Yes, I have tried Daz's most recent version after a fresh install still with no luck. In fact I have done a fresh install after each failed attempt to cover my bases....an extremely frustrating and time consuming approach so far:(. But I know it will be worth it in the end once it is working:).

@ derausgewanderte

I am now going to try the modded bios method. I tried it on an e1405 and worked perfectly. Windows based flasher. The only link that works for the e1505 is a zip file that has various other files (the 3rd link). Is this a windows based flasher also, or do I have to work on creating a boot disk with this one?

A general question, with this modded bios I theoretically do not have to worry about updates ever?

I know that when I was using the vista l**der it was knocked out when sp1 hit. Same worries with a modded bios?

Thanks again to all!!!:)

8. derausgewanderte

Jul 21, 2009
    #8 derausgewanderte, Oct 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  9. nurvus

nurvus MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2009
    Yes, that zip file has 5 files including the win7.bat. Thank you for all the answers, instructions, and links. I will try this out today and post back my results. Hopefully this is the solution to my resistant laptop :eek:

Thanks again!

10. tuvi123

tuvi123 MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    nurvus
    don't use wow7 yet...
    use Windows 7 loader v1.7 by Daz, try all the modes (change the mode to alternatinve,forcful,older), one of the mode may work for you..
    ALSO hold R or ESC key during boot and post the debug option log (take a picture with your phone etc and upload it here..).

11. nurvus

nurvus MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2009
    tuvi123

I did try all the modes in Daz's prog, but I kept getting the same exact results. It would reboot then get stuck in an infinite reboot cycle. I used R to get it loaded and remove that mode and try a different one (I even did this reformatting each time to try a diff mode with a clean install) still no luck. The darnedest thing really. I have used it successfully on about 8 different computers with absolutely no probs except for this one:confused:.

I am going to try the modded bios option. It seems promising. I will post back about my battle with this beast.

12. gti-guy

gti-guy MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2009
    nurvus, i have to thank you for starting this thread, as i have been trying the exact same things for a 6400/e1505 without any luck.

i had downloaded the bios files for e1505, but didnt realize they are for dos mode.

being able to update the bios of an oem machine to slic2.1 is such a beautiful method and worry free, especially when you are doing this to help friends, and you dont want to have to worry what'll happen come sp1

13. derausgewanderte

Jul 21, 2009
    you are welcome. you should be good once you get it flashed with slic2.1

14. gti-guy

gti-guy MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2009
    derausgewanderte, thanks for the tips on your previous posts. took literally 2 minutes to make a bootable usb drive, update bios in dos mode, and install cert,pkey

15. nurvus

nurvus MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2009
    SUCCESS!!!

I was able to try it out the modded bios today with success! :D

Thank you derausgewanderte for the links and files again! It all worked like a charm.

nurvus

16. derausgewanderte

Jul 21, 2009
    cool, was wondering where you went ;) glad it worked. thanks to shakeyplace.

17. nurvus

nurvus MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2009
    Yes, a big thanks to shakeyplace too!

Thanks shakeyplace!

18. XMizer

XMizer MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2009
    Actually I'm having the same problem with my Inspiron. I'm still a bit confusd as to what I need to do. What do I do with the certificate?

19. rockhillredman

rockhillredman MDL Novice

Feb 29, 2008
    Hi - Do you have a link to your modified e1705 bios? Thanks for your help.

20. Coasie

Coasie MDL Junior Member

Feb 7, 2009
    I used both Hazar's and Daz's loader on my E1505, both worked fine. Win7 Ultimate 32bit

The E1505 can only support 2Gb of RAM, no need for 64 bit