No way to update Windows 2000?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by Stannieman, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Today I wanted to download all updates for windows 2000 for my update collection. The plan was to install windows with sp4, then install the update rollup and then run WU to check which updates I still needed.

The adventure ended pretty early cause WU won't work... No problem I thouth, just update IE, so I downloaded the ie6 sp1 installer. Unfortunately a standalone installer isn't available so I had to go with the online installer. This doesn't work either (complains about corrupted download location, need to clear IE cashe, all bulls**t). Then I tried installing the latest root certificates, but that didn't fix the WU and IE6 problem.

Are the servers really shut down? And if so is there some official list of post rollup updates or only self made?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  4. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    #4 Stannieman, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
    (OP)
    Thank a lot!! The ryanvm link was really usefull. I'm not interested in the update packs, but there's a dropbox folder with all updates/hotfixes in all languages.

EDIT: it came to live after installing the new WU client. Website is still nothing though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. erpsterm35

erpsterm35 MDL Expert

May 27, 2013
    also try Microsoft Windows Legacy Update by a Win2k enthusiast [Google search on this]
    (the site is in japanese but I also find some Win2k updates not found anywhere else, even new unofficial ones).

click on the Legacy Windows Catalog link to search for some win2k updates.