no Win7 energysaver benefits on Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebooks?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by leexus, Oct 7, 2009.

1. leexus

leexus MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2009
    Hi,

My friend uses a Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook C1110 with the latest BIOS of Phoenix. It's on V1.30.

The problem is that the battery is running down exactly at the same time (1h 37 min.) when it was mentioned on WinXP.

It seems against that MS advertised the Win7 as a lot of energysaving benefits (longer battery life between recharges) it cannot be true in this case.

The latest XP drivers was installed when it was necessary (Vista drivers was never made officially) and there are no missing drivers. A lot of devices were detected by the Win7, but unless...

It's a 6 year old machine, but still available! So it would be important to resolve this misery if possible with you Help!

I'm sure that it can be answered around the BIOS things.
    The latest official v1.30 Phoenix doesn't contains any energy saving settings (like CPU cooling or CPU speed/Screen brightness setting function, etc.)

Why is it possible in this Fujitsu-Siemens case (may 5-6 year old Toshiba has +15-20% longer battery life under Win7).
    Could you confirm that there are not any other available newer BIOS or something to try, please?

Will the MS updates the built-in Win7 drivers (through the Vendors for sure) in the near future? or will be there a driver update pack, or something else for the legeacy / "obsolete" machines/devices?

I'm glad if you could support me with your ideas.

Thnx!

2. leexus

leexus MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2009
    any idea or experience with Fujistu-Siemens Lifebook 1110?

Thnx.