Non-Activated Windows 8.1 blocked features?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by MeiMisaki, Oct 21, 2013.

1. MeiMisaki

MeiMisaki MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2013
    #1 MeiMisaki, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
    Greetings.

I have a quick question, if i install Windows 8.1 and do not activate it, what are the blocked features and limited access that i have?
    I'm thinking about installing Windows 8.1 and keep it until a activation method comes out, so i would like to know the possible consequences of doing so.

2. CRA2YHAVOK

CRA2YHAVOK MDL Senior Member

Oct 23, 2009
    If it's like Windows 8, then it'll block setting of any Wallpapers/Colours on the Start screen in PC settings (Personalise section), that's the main & only feature block as far as I'm aware.

Minor inconveniences include; a watermark present on the desktop, "Activate Windows" section in PC settings.

Also every couple of hours, you'll see a full-screen activation request but I think that can be discarded.

I think that's about it, but they may change limitations with future updates but nobody really knows if that'll happen.

3. jcracken

jcracken MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2013
    I'm doing the same as you, I can verify that the only limitations are customization of the start screen, a watermark on the desktop, an extra section in settings and fullscreen popups. They take up the entire screen and you have to wait a couple seconds, then it gives you the option of going to PC settings. You can go back to desktop or wherever after that.

4. noekk

noekk MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2013
    You can use ATL-F4 to close the fullscreen popup quickly. It still really sucks using an unactivated version.

5. Jessica Alba

Jessica Alba MDL Expert

Jul 26, 2009
    if use enterprise or pro vl iso, you won't get any fullscreen popups only watermark on the desktop:D

6. DEBKOL35

DEBKOL35 MDL Senior Member

Mar 20, 2009
    I am not very regular at this site... but looks like still there is no KMS activator or any other activator for windows 8.1 Ent. edition..right?