Noob woman from reddit need help with Win7 activation.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by princessmisery, Oct 18, 2018.

1. princessmisery

princessmisery MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2018
    Hey guys I heard about this place from reddit when trying to find a clean way to activate my Win 7 Home Premium. I tried a couple ways and ended up infected. I've been working on my PC for 5 days, tons of hardware issues, my fingers hurt like heck. Now I've reformatted several times. Finally on a clean install and don't want to get infected again. I sat here reading so many posts and I don't understand how a lot of these solutions work. I had Windows Loader by Daz 2.2.2. that I had used for my previous installs. But this time it said that my partition tables aren't compatible. Ok I asked for help, someone told me to reformat into GPT. I did that, and now I'm looking around and it's saying reformat into another way. For goodness sakes I am exhausted and my husband sucks at computers, I have no where else to turn and I'm getting extremely desperate. Would someone please save me and tell me that there is something I can do to activate it without reformatting again. :(

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. princessmisery

Oct 18, 2018
    #3 princessmisery, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    (OP)
    Yes I just installed a new mobo, it's a Gigabyte 970a-DS3P. the rev 2x and thank you so much.

Oh also I'm waiting to install the 120+ updates because usually aren't there one or more that can conflict with activating? I just want to get back to gaming so bad. *sigh* I wish I knew which updates I could skip.

re-edit: Downloading that Simplix update pack, not sure how to use that yet but it looks promising.

@Tito I guess if I absolutely have to I could try getting Win10 but I don't really like it. If it's way easier to activate though, I suppose reformat could be done AGAIN. *faints* I'll be up all night drinking caffeine and trying to find solutions, it's been days since I've got to play my games and this must be resolved! :p

4. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Your Mobo is UEFI then dazloader won't work have a look here for workaround and welcome in MDL

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Actually there are 2 possibilities that make sense to activate your Win 7 Home Premium.

Make a new clean MBR installation and you can activate it with Daz loader. Therefore you have to enable the CSM (CompatibilitySupportModule) AKA legacy mode in your BIOS setup first.
    You have to delete all partitions and write a MBR instead of a GPT before you re-install it again.

AFAIK W7 default installation is MBR. You just have to delete all partitions and make new ones.

Or: Flash a modified BIOS done from a MDL member and use Daz loader to install the certificates...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    #7 LostED, Oct 18, 2018
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. princessmisery

Oct 18, 2018
    #8 princessmisery, Oct 18, 2018
    (OP)
    I want to thank you all so much for your replies. I just woke up and can barely keep my eyes open. Ah I'm so tired. Which Windows is easiest to make genuine? I will have a look at the UpDown8, as that seems the easiest suggestion that I see. I really don't want to tamper with mobo bios stuff, I'm scared I'll ruin it. Man I remember when activating Windows was so much easier, what the heck happened to make it so difficult!? I'm going to read and see about @LostED 's suggestion. So yeah, which Windows is the easiest to genuine right now? Again I am so so thankful for your help.

*edit* Man that updater thing ya'll have on here was pretty great; that must've really taken some work to compile and maintain, thank you so very much for your hard work. You guys are really amazing.

*edit2* May I please have a link to KMS, I am attempting to move up to Enterprise.

*edit3* Just realized, I'm guessing I need an Enterprise edition of Win7 for this UpDown8, right? *sigh* Wow at this point I'm seriously considering moving to Linux.

9. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
  10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Yeah, well. The times where XP could be activated with a single key as 'corporate edition' are over.

Anyway 2 ways of proper mimicking are established.

-OEM which always looks for the BIOS (either OEM string or SLIC table or MSDM table)
    -VL : Client/PC gets license from a mimicked KMS, has to be renewed every 6 months, though.

If you don't insist on Home Premium you are open to KMS solutions as well. (Either professional or enterprise).

11. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Personally if you do not want to wipe machine and install windows in MBR, I would still opt for bios mod if possible Gigabyte boards have dual bios so you can always recover bios if flashing mod goes wrong.

And on the plus side permanent oem:slp activation rather than KMS not permanent renew every 180 days.

12. princessmisery

Oct 18, 2018
    I searched around and found a download of Win 7 Ultimate that makes it genuine right after the initial installation. I also updated using the update patcher on this site. Works so great. But I'm running into a problem after installing the new mobo and gpu... I'll be browsing with Chrome or Opera and my computer will just freeze up for 30sec to over a minute. It's getting extremely annoying. Any ideas what could be causing that? It's really starting to frustrate me. It was doing it on the Win 7 Home Prem too. :mad:

*edit* I guess I should make a separate post about the issue, my bad.

13. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    So you ended up reformatting and fresh install, problem here is you have used a modified ISO file which are not supported here on MDL we do not know what tool was used to actvate. You should allways use a clean unmodified ISO file and actvate via with Daz loader or bios mod then we can help.

Have you installed manufacturer drivers for windows 7 that came with your motherboard also check all components i,e, ram, cpu e.t.c are seated correctly.