Nope! The Express Edition of Visual Studio Isn't Retired

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by 6202, May 13, 2015.

1. 6202

6202 MDL Novice

May 13, 2015
    It's been rumoured that since the introduction of Visual Studio Community that Express would be dropped. I mean, it's got way more features (the same feature set as Visual Studio Professional) than Express has, yet they still keep it.

The only reason that I thought of was because the fact that Community cannot be used by companies/large teams unless it's open source software they're developing, whereas Express can be installed on as many computers as desired and what's being developed doesn't need to be open source.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 6202

6202 MDL Novice

May 13, 2015
    Forgot the source: right from Microsoft themselves. Go to the Q&A at the bottom: www dot visualstudio dot com slash vs-2015-product-editions

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 6202

6202 MDL Novice

May 13, 2015
    Oh, okay. I was just posting because people thought the Express was gone. Thanks for the REAL info :)