Norton Internet Security 2014 question

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ciscokid, Sep 16, 2013.

1. ciscokid

ciscokid MDL Senior Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Hey guys, I bought a retail copy of Norton Internet Security 2014 for 1 Year/3 PC's.

Does anyone know how to backup the activation so I won't be gigged everytime I reinstall Windows? I usually re-install Windows 3-4 times a year so I don't want them thinking I'm installing it all over the place.

I have 2 main PC's and a Mini-ITX HTPC. I will continue to use Kaspersky on my laptop.

Thanks!

2. BigW

BigW MDL Member

Apr 25, 2010
    You have to reinstall Windows 3-4 times a year because you install a antivirus called "Norton Internet Security". Don't install this virus and then you don't have to reinstall Windows that often. If you don't use beta (or release-preview they called nowerdays) software especialy a beta of VisualStudio or .Net-framework you only can srew up a windows installation forcefully with installation of maleware.

I had personaly and when I suported other pcs very bad dealings with Norton and there Antivirus! I personaly lost many gigs to products (antivir and defrag) from Symantec. Since I baned all products form Symantec from my PC I had never such related datalos.

For a antivir use the antivir of Avira. I've never had any problems with this antivir and is a little cheaper than Norton (I think, please don't hit me if I'm wrong! :worthy:) if you want to buy it. -> They also have a free version.

3. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    I have bought 2 licences of KIS once in 2009 and now in Aug 2013. However, I find it painful to use and the Aug 2013 licence is still not installed.
    I have tried Avast Free which I find a very good solution though it may not be quite as much there as KIS.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    I have a license for Norton Antivirus and they are very leanient with activations if you are installing it on the same PC. I have activated over 15 times and my key was still fine. Even if it was blacklisted, their live chat support will help you in no time to reset the activation limit.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    I think the OP is asking solution not the problem:D

6. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    i think u have nothing better to do.

if u dont know the problem.. the solution is further away from u.