Not able to see Windows Media Player

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by santoshcoolhere, Jan 8, 2009.

1. santoshcoolhere

santoshcoolhere MDL Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Hey people i think this is a strange problem but i am not able to see the Windows Media Player in Windows 7 build 7000.
    Whenever i play a audio file,the file plays but windows media player will not be visible anywhere in the desktop not even in the taskbar and not even in the toolbar.{but the file still plays.I can see wmp only after double clicking the icon on the desktop}

I recently installed an update named "Update for Windows(KB961367)" which was supposed to fix the problems that are occurring while playing mp3's in wmp in Windows 7.Frm dat time i am not able to see wmp any more.

Plz help me coz the WMP in Windows 7 is really cool and i cant loose it no matter what.

2. santoshcoolhere

Jan 3, 2009
    so do u people think that the update is responsible for all this???

3. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    Uninstall it and see what happens.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. santoshcoolhere

Jan 3, 2009
    hey i uninstalled it and it's back to it's normal state.
    So wht is the prblm according to u??
    But the update saves our mp3 files frm being destroyed by windows media player.........
    so should i keep it as it is??
    or should i reinstall it again??

5. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    It is your machine, you'll have to decide.

I just set up my WMP and will see if it messes up the songs. I don't see any indication I have gotten the update you mentioned. I'm using 64 bit - it may be different.

MAYBE - make a copy of a few songs - play with them until you get it all straightened out - then you'll have the original still OK - good luck.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...