Not genuine after motherboard change

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by newtomlf, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newtomlf

newtomlf MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2011
    I have already posted this in the official thread...Just wanted my problem to be exposed to more people....

I had my motherboard changed due to a hardware problem. Windows 7 ultimate SP1 is installed in it (Model: Toshiba Satellite C655-S5061). When I brought my laptop from service center today, it showed that windows is not genuine (I guess because of change in motherboard). I tried to use Daz Loader 2.0.1 but it gives the message "The certificate wasn't successfully installed". I tried watfix and ran loader again but of no use. Any help?

2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Did you try to rearm then use the loader ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. newtomlf

newtomlf MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2011
    I had win 7 sp1 ult. made genuine by loader 2.0.0. (latest at that time) prior to motherboard replacement. No other tools were tried before. Now I even checked to ignore existing SLIC option in adv. settings in loader (because loader says BAD SLIC DATA), but it doesn't work.

4. newtomlf

newtomlf MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2011
    @acrsn I have done as you have said, twice. Still the problem persists.

5. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    @ newtomlf
    If you uninstall the loader does "BAD SLIC DATA" vanish? If yes then reinstall the loader with type 4 memory disabled. If, however, the application continues to say "BAD SLIC DATA" then you instead need to select to ignore the existing SLIC from the advanced options and install the loader again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. newtomlf

newtomlf MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2011
    @Daz
    "BAD SLIC DATA" appeared after uninstalling the loader. So I selected to ignore the existing SLIC from the advanced options and installed the loader again. But it does not work.

7. Dre009

Dre009 MDL Addicted

Oct 26, 2009
    Can you please explain what you mean by does not work?

8. newtomlf

newtomlf MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2011
    Sorry, I mean to say Loader gives the message "The certificate wasn't successfully installed".

9. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #9 Daz, May 12, 2011
    Last edited: May 12, 2011
    Please post an MGADiag report in my thread which has been linked to by acrsn.