Not getting Preview Builds

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by preflx, Oct 14, 2015.

1. preflx

preflx MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2011
    I am not getting them I have tried every registry fix out there I joined insider & I am on fast ring tried rebooting slow ring tried rebooting fast ring and changing 50 registry settings.

Anyway to download just the update for the latest preview build and run it manually? Or whole ISO and install?

2. ruuu7

ruuu7 MDL Member

Mar 7, 2015
    #3 ruuu7, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    What kind of Windows do you use?

Enterprise or Pro?

Well, afaik, to get preview builds you need to have Pro installed.

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That's correct!

I'm now on downloading the Enterprise (full)for to upgrade the LTSB N from build 10240. Don't know that will works, and if not I'll just do a clean install. Had to manu restrictions and problems with the LTSB! Just as I wrote, don't know that 'upgrade' will works to normal Enterprise! Activation will be not any problem for me, I've several KMS Servers which I could use.

Anyway, if you've Enterprisr in stalled, just download new build and upgrade to the later version, that should be work, just maybe from LTSB N to normal will face problems.

Will see?!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Just to follow up:

The upgrade from 10240 LTSDB N started with the limitation that not installed apps could be keeped, just the personal files!

That's OK for me and I'll let it run now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
    #6 xinso, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    The Insider Program provides the following editions:

1. Core Country Specific
    2. Core Single Language
    3. Core
    4. Pro
    5. Enterprise

Since 10240, it needs:

1. Logged-in with Microsoft account, and verified if necessary
    2. Keep the system running for a certain period of time until you are qualified for the offer

[Note]
    Once the Ring ever changed, the count starts over again

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Finish that Upgrade from 10240 LTSB N to 10565 Enterprise (full)!

Everything seems to works fine and faster as before. Some of my settings were taken over but all. Non of the previous Apps were taken, have to re-install new again. Just all personal Data still where they should be.

At this stage I would say: All is just fine. Let see how it will go further!