now WAT

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Play-Toy, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Play-Toy

Play-Toy MDL Novice

May 14, 2012
    OK i am the administrator,the W-7 im using is Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and,i disabled my antivirus,used the WATfix tool to remove any existing WATs,deleted the KB971033 update,i think i tried every WAT remover tool out there to remove the not legit of the Win-7 warning in the lower right corner and the only one that worked is the one called RemoveWat and it worked.My issue is the windows updater giving me an error as so.....

Windows could not search for new updates.
    An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
    Error(s) found:Code 80070005.

I get this error whether im using a WAT tool or not.This is my 3rd post here and could not show a screenshot do to you need 20 posts total to do so.I may have tried other stuff remedy this situation to but my brain is fried,any suggestions is welcomed.And no i do not have access to a CD copy of my system either.

2. Play-Toy

Play-Toy MDL Novice

May 14, 2012
    #3 Play-Toy, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
    (OP)
    OK im starting to download the first file as described,i dont have the fastest internet possible so it will be a couple or more days till i get it all together.......but......if im downloading a fresh windows 7 do i some how have to get rid of the one im running now?And if so will it mess with personal files i have or delete them?What is the outcome of adding a fresh W-7?sorry for all the questions,im on a very low income (disability) and cant afford much of anything nowadays.Also when i try to use the windows activation to activate through the internet i get an error......
    Code:080070005
    Access denied

3. thatguychuck

thatguychuck MDL Member

Feb 6, 2011
    I think FFManHole is on to something, it sounds like the it was the RemoveWAT that broke something in your system. But I just have to ask, is the system date and time correct? I racked my brain for a few hours once wondering why I couldn't get updates, and it turned out my system date and time was way off. It apparently flags the system as not secure.

4. Play-Toy

Play-Toy MDL Novice

May 14, 2012
    sorry for dumb question.....but how do you do that?If you mean by the time and date you see on the lower right corner that is displayed,its all correct.

5. thatguychuck

thatguychuck MDL Member

Feb 6, 2011
    That's what I meant. Best to check the simple things first.