NSIS Installer

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by BrokenDaily, Aug 24, 2017.

1. BrokenDaily

BrokenDaily MDL Junior Member

Jun 14, 2017
    This program I use, uses nsis to install itself to any computer; the deal is, I have no idea how to use it so I can take a git build (essentially portable), and make it so I can install itself on my computer, and uninstall it from program and features, the computer detects it just like any install-able program (e.g. office 365, steam, firefox, etc...), and any program that has a companion function (e.g., fireshock detects pcsx2 installed, and offers to install modifications to it) could detect it as well

TL;DR how make purely portable program into install-able program?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BrokenDaily

BrokenDaily MDL Junior Member

Jun 14, 2017
    tried that app, and it froze the installer program; besides, I don't want it as a portable app, I want it as an app my programs and features section of windows and revo uninstaller pro registers as installed; this companion program I got can't detect it as portable