Nvidia Graphics Cards (diff brands?)

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by BrokenDaily, Dec 13, 2017.

1. BrokenDaily

BrokenDaily MDL Junior Member

Jun 14, 2017
    I keep seeing all these different nvidia graphics cards from asus, evga, gigabyte, etc, and I wonder if there's any difference between (for example) a gtx 1080 default (nvidia), and other gtx 1080's

higher speeds than default, slightly more features, or is it really just cosmetic look and maybe switching ports around?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    You would need to compare each model. 3GB, 6GB, OC, clock speeds, different cooling, power requirements - it's a huge list. Only the cheaper cards seem to be based on the Nvidia reference board...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    Well it all depends what u pay for, anything over $250 is real good but theirs lots to pick from u need to do your homework, I would go into the gaming forums were players gave u the latest bench test and performance updates on all he different GPUs.

4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #4 Joe C, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    Nvidia provides a basic board for manufactures, Manufactures like Gigabyte. Asus and EVGA use their own cooling set ups, warranties, o/c and timings for their boards that they sell. They sell some boards that are o/c'd with more cooling capacities or boards with less cooling. They are allowed to set their own standards as far as efficiency and o/c as long as they cover the warranty
    Nvidia does have warranty for the boards that they sell too. A three fan board will be set up to run better than a board with one fan set up

5. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    onboard will always be under performance....decent but no real fire power.

6. BrokenDaily

BrokenDaily MDL Junior Member

Jun 14, 2017
    ill look into getting another video card when applicable; still, checking out the details on my current one, im surprised its 4k capable; at least the last time I checked, nvidia is giving me a 503 error "not here lel" when I try checking it out