Nvidia Power Warning - GPU

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sidalexx, Mar 9, 2015.

1. sidalexx

sidalexx MDL Novice

Sep 18, 2014
    Hello folks

I'm Receiving Nvidia Power Warning Message every time though there is no option available to connect power cable , is this any driver issue ?

Capture.PNG

following is my GPU details from Speccy:

Capture2.PNG

2. Damian666

Damian666 MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2014
    perhaps its not seated well, did you try taking it out and putting it back firmly yet?

could be just a bad contact case...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Aninvitedsoul

Aninvitedsoul MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2012
    The graphic card is not receiving enough power so it's a hardware problem.I recommend consulting OPs in the hardware section.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Aninvitedsoul

Sep 14, 2012
    Unless he's a technician or has enough experience I wouldn't recommend he does it himself and should get professional assistance.

5. Damian666

Damian666 MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2014
    to reseat a videocard? technician? lol...

everybody can put stuff like that in man...

6. Aninvitedsoul

Sep 14, 2012
    Never advise anybody of doing something that could in any way endanger him or do damage to a PC.If something goes wrong you could be legally hold responsible.

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    If the Card didn't has an extra connector for Power, means it get whole power from the PCI-X Slot, remove the card and use an soft Pencil Rubber for to 'clean' the connector feets. Also, take an toothbrush and use cleaning alcohol for to clean the PCI-X Slot's connectors! Not use to much alcohol!!

May the op will post the exact Brand and Model of his Graphic Card too??

Not forget to take a close look at the Capacitor heads!! If an capacitor fails, the out come could be alike!!

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Not if the adviser is an private person on an forum! That applies to companies or those who charging for such infos! All the work is done by and within the (momentary) place of who's asking for the advice!

9. Aninvitedsoul

Sep 14, 2012
    #9 Aninvitedsoul, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    pisthai I was waiting for you or Mr.X to answer Op's question cause I know you both are trusted in technical issues.But I still have the same question;"who should do it".You never know who has the enough experience to do the job regardless of this graphic card matter.Ethically speaking there is a responsibility,I believe.

10. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    Maybe it is also good advice to hire an electrician to change a burned out light bulb in your house, especially considering the dangerous voltages that might be present. ;)

Reseat card and clean contacts with rubber eraser is good advice.

11. cengizhan

cengizhan MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    if the computer is old, the psu's power and effiency may have degraded. also there may be some mainboard/card-slot problem

12. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    What is the exact model of your Quadro card?
    The both the FX 3450 & 4000 require additional power either by 6pin or molex connector.

Sometimes they do however release a card without additional power. These cards tend to be problematic.
    Good example is the MSI 750 Ti without power. Unstable on some platforms. While Asus, Gigabyte, etc, have additional power & are rock solid on all platforms.

13. Aninvitedsoul

Sep 14, 2012

Thank you for the contribution.:D

14. leebo_28

leebo_28 MDL Senior Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Isn't that the pot calling the kettle..

15. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    You're welcome. :)

Actually, I expect people tend to ask for help here mainly so that they can learn to solve problems on there own, rather that just hand it over to someone more technically skilled. The OP in this case will learn more by digesting whatever advice he can collect from others. Removing and reinstalling a video card is not something to be deathly afraid of. Or even removing and installing a power supply, if that is what it comes down to.

16. Aninvitedsoul

Sep 14, 2012
    No tea for you.:p

17. Hearsepilot

Hearsepilot MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2009
    #17 Hearsepilot, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015
    [Moderated]

There are people in other sections of this forum doing potentially more risky things to their PC's than re plugging a graphics card!

18. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @Hearsepilot

Calm down & use proper language.