OEM activation on hp dv3t?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by m9x3mos, Oct 7, 2009.

1. m9x3mos

m9x3mos MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2009
    #1 m9x3mos, Oct 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Hello all,
    I have installed 7 x86 ultimate using the key from here:
    http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/10370
    and used hp cert and my pc is a dv3t (getting 7 premium upgrade soon from hp) so it should have slic in the bios but I have tried the slmgr commands to activate just like vista and it don't seem to be working. I assume that this is because that it is a dell product key that I used. But that page says that the keys are not brand specific so it was my assumption that it would work. Is that assumption correct and I am probably just messing something up or is it just like vista activation where the slic, cert, and key needs to match. Thanks in advance and sorry for a stupid question.

2. MaTrIx2k2

MaTrIx2k2 MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2007
    #2 MaTrIx2k2, Oct 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    The computer is elegible for a free upgrade, but that doesn't mean you have the slic 2.1, try using Everest or the SLIC Dump Toolkit from this forum to see if you have SLIC 2.1

3. m9x3mos

m9x3mos MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2009
    Yupers I think that was it.
    Dump OK ! ( HPQOEMSLIC-MPC_V2.0 )

I included the dump just remove .zip I think I will need to find a modded bios

Attached Files:

4. m9x3mos

m9x3mos MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2009
    Ok i was able to dump i think using flas**t.exe /G command with flas**t from acer only weird thing is the file it output was exact same size as .fd images provided by HP but the file name is 'G' so i dont know what type it is. Is that the file i can reflash to go back or maybe upload for modification. Thanks.