OEM actiwations not works on AMD based mobo

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by black_ice, Aug 24, 2010.

1. black_ice

black_ice MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2009
    I have distro on CD windows xp SP3 OEM activations on brand HP, its work on intel based modo, i testing it in ASUS P5kpl-am mobo and its works, i add string hewlett pakard string with disk "DMI tatu".
    But on amd chipset based this metod not works, those mobo request actiwations to30 days, such mobo ASUS m4a88t-m
    How make activations on this mobo?

2. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    #2 blackranger, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
    for Windows XP I use OEMBIOS Changer presented by 911medic.
    the tool is posted here: http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/9795-The-Windows-XP-OEMBIOS-Archive

You should download the compressed or uncompressed file of your brand, HP, search for ASUS (OEMBIOS.CAT CRC32=2411858C).
    Then install OEMBIOS changer. You have to put either the compressed or uncompressed files (4 in total) into the corresponding folder.
    After that, run OEMBIOS changer and select the suitable options. After installation of OEM:SLP key and the 4 files, you have to reboot with your DMI boot disk.
    Choose the correct option and type sth like DMI /sm "ASUS_FLASH". Press Enter and you will see a thick blue process line and you're done.
    Use OEMBIOS changer as well as MGA Diagnostic tool to check whether it's activated via OEM channel. It should pass online validation and WGA update.

I have started a thread here before: http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/18103-Problems-activating-XP-PRO-with-OEM-keys?highlight=, see #1, #9 and hope it helps.

You'd better post a few screenshots to show us how the activation status is.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Run the OEMBIOS.exe tool. You may likely use the ASUS OEMBIOS sets to activate.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...