OEM Installation Help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by nilox, Nov 2, 2009.

1. nilox

nilox MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2009
    Hi all,

I am reading on this site and the forum for days.
    I want to install/activate Windows 7 (Ultimate retail) on my DELL notebook with the SLP-Procedure. I upgraded my Bios to SLIC v2.1.

What do I have to do next? Do I need a OEM-certificate and can it be read from my OEM Vista-CD, that shipped with the computer?

What happens with the OEM-SLP product key?

Does the information in Bios have to match with the OEM-certificate and do I need to change/update information in my BIOS?

Any help or links would be very appreciated.

Greetings, nilox

2. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009
    #2 gentoo, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nilox

nilox MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2009
    Thanks a lot, the thread is really informative.

Can I take the cert from my vista oem installation or does it not matter which one I take?

4. wyrman

wyrman MDL Member

Nov 21, 2007
    You can use Dazs' loader and install the cert. Make sure they are from the same manufacturer. Asus, Dell and so on. They are already in the loader. Pick and install.

5. libertard

libertard MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    If you have found it too much to read then try the easy way...

Download any windows 7 act*vators.

1. Install your OS
    2. Run act*vator
    3. Most act*vators have build in features like certificate, logos so go ahead and select the appropriated one i.e. HP, DELL, etc and hit 'Install'
    4. Next, some act*vators have both activation methods i.e. Loader or BIOS mod you just select 'Loader' (this method works just fine since Vista SP1 and sure SP2) and ignore the Bios (this gives you the most headaches)
    5. Wait for the auto reboot or reboot if it's not
    6. Check for Genuine
    7a. Bingo you just save $149 for upgrade or $345 for full. Enjoy!
    7b. Still not gets the genuine logo? Try other act*vators

8. Still no luck?
    - Read instruction carefully
    - Buy your own license and activate direct from Microsoft (Bill doesn't even care)

6. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Yes you can use the vista cert.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. nilox

nilox MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2009
    I thought a loader could be detected by Windows (if not now then later). Is it save and longlasting to use a loader?

8. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Loaders will work for awhile. Then they will get shut down by MS then they will mod the loaders so they will work again etc....

In my opinion the bios mod is the bets way to go if that is an option for you.

9. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    #9 911medic, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
    If you have SLIC 2.1 do NOT use a loader. It will possibly (probably) conflict and give problems.

Research the advice you give..Help is appreciated, but be sure the information is correct.

He flashed his bios, now he should get genuine activation, not "cr**ktivator"

probably eventually and probably not....Bios mods are decidedly better that the loaders, the loader authors (the ones worth using) will attest to this. They are a good option though for testing and if you cannot get a SLIC in the bios..

10. nilox

nilox MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2009
    Okay. I will not use a loader. Do I have to modify my Bios to specific values, or is it enough to have SLIC 2.1?
    And my next point: Is there a tool that helps me to handle the certificate and OEM stories? I am not really sure what i got to do now.

Thanks for your help

11. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009
  12. nilox

nilox MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2009
    Okay, I fully understood what to do.

Sorry, that I didnt find the stuff in the Repository. I thought the FAQ would be the end.

I have a last question:

is it likely, that the product keys of the forum will be blacklisted?
    if so, is it possible to change the key?

ahh, and do i have to install my vista OEM system to see the certificate of it?

13. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
  14. libertard

Jul 30, 2009
    When 'if' is wrong..

'If you have SLIC 2.1 do NOT use a loader'. That's wrong conclusion. You're still be able to to loader

Read my post carefully. You have both ways and your decision

15. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    If you had a slic, why would you want too??? I fail to see the logic....

It has been long standing understanding that two slics in memory are bad, some loaders overwrite existing, some append the existing, some just add their own.

I think it is bad for a complete SLIC to use a Loader. Past experience and troubles I have seen on this forum speak to this..If you need a second opinion, I could post a quote by Yen..he has some clout, no??

16. libertard

Jul 30, 2009
    You're confused

There's no such 'two slics in memory'. Windows 7 requires that you must have SLIC 2.1 comparing to Vista with SLIC 2.0 but it's not necessary to use existing activators for Windows 7 but instead you can activate W7 using NON SLIC activation method.

Now how you know that if your BIOS carries SLIC 2.1? Well, on most certainly Dual Core PC or higher will except with older PC it may or may not.
    Use 'extreme activator tool v 3.11x' will provide this info

Either cases, new bios sLic 2.1 and manually add slic 2.1 to bootmgr both are requires for most activators to work (some use non slic activator method)

I have used loader since Vista SP1 and have no problem so the conclusion that Loader is unsafe a false proof. Loader run just fine like BIOS mod.
    M$ definitely don't want to mess with people that activate their PC using same shared manufacturing key

17. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    #17 911medic, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2017
    It really is not that big of a deal, and yes..loaders are VERY safe. You can fix an issue by simply repairing the install in most cases..As far as two slics in memory, there have been many times when an improper mod has shown two slic tables in memory and in the ACPI dumps with RWE and Everest...maybe I am wrong, but they seem to get the headers from memory...Until you have seen the problems, you shouldn't comment on them...

I understand very well the activation schema of the windows Vista and Windows 7..Nothing new here...

it is a very personal issue..neither is wrong..Loader or mod

BTW.. I still say they can, will, and do conflict..we have seen it many times before..http://forums.mydigitallife.net/posts/1774788..just another opinion...I will speak no more on this..

Enjoy the forums!!!!:D:D

There is something for everyone here..

18. pbgbottle

pbgbottle MDL Member

Mar 7, 2008
    i used Hazar's loader to install the certificate ,which you can do, just don't install the loader part of his program . under activation tab ,click the button that says SLIC 2.1 in bios .it will inject the cert . i think it also installs the Key too, if i remember correctly .