OEM key on another computer

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Mikeyland, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Mikeyland

Mikeyland MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2015
    Hey guys. My mom's computer is soon throwed away since it's so slow and i was wondering if i can use the OEM key she has ? It's Windows 7 Home premium. - i got the full key now from belarc.

If I can use it how do I do? ATM i got win 7 enterprise on my computer but would like to use her key To get win 10 upgrade.

OR is it Possible to use dazloader on win 7 and then upgrade to win 10 without a problem?
    Thanks for help

2. MikeMSDN

MikeMSDN MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2015
    OEM is not able to be shared by multiple computers,correct me if I'm wrong...
    Yes,Daz works for Windows 10.

3. Mikeyland

Mikeyland MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2015
    Ok but if I remove her key first and then use it on my computer? Does that work?

Where do I find Windows 7 ISO file and what version? and the right dazloader? Was thinking about USB upgrade. ( maybe a Link to thread with info how To do it)

4. MikeMSDN

MikeMSDN MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2015
  5. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    In order to use win7 oem oem key, the computer must be the same manufacture, must have matching cert and slic 2.1 in bios. If you match everything up correctly, it will oem activate, if the same manufacturer and slic 2.1 in bios. Also key is specific to the windows edition. Win7 uses oem shared keys so it is possible if everything matches up. ;)

6. Simpuhl

Simpuhl MDL Senior Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Are you trying to just get 10 free???

Just do this, install Windows 7 pro... activate it with Windows Loader, then upgrade... youll have a free 10 licence.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ Mikeyland, you did not mention if this was a branded machine i,e, Dell, HP, Asus e.t.c if it is then the key you grabbed with belarc adviser is useless that will be oem:slp key you can use the key on the oem:coa label on another computer but you may need to call M$ to activate.

8. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    Of course, there is more than one type of oem key, and if it is not of oem-slp variety, then a matching slic and cert would not be needed. Of course, such a non-slp key might be hard to reuse if it were activated previously.