OEM product key

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tokyo, Aug 9, 2012.

1. tokyo

tokyo MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2012
    I've tried to find my product key that stick under my laptop but i can't find it anywhere even battery pack.
    so how can i find my oem product key for activate my laptop my laptop is LENOVO B460

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Well its suppose to be there somewhere obviously.. You should backup your activation instead or use Windows Loader.

3. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Are you the original owner of the laptop? I've seem some used laptops where the sticker was illegible but the only time I've seen a missing sticker was on a custom built desktop and the builder just forgot to attach the sticker to the box. Check your disks and other stuff that came with the computer.

Lenovo requires you to activate OEM installations? I thought OEM installations are preactivated via the OEM Preactivation Kit, OPK. I must be missing something.

4. tokyo

tokyo MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2012
    @PhaseDoubt: Yes, I'm the first Owner this computer. Is it possible to find OEM product key in side the hardware?:biggrin:
    @tcntad: Is it working well when i use windows loader Activate my laptop?:rolleyes:
    (I'm Sorry for not good English)

5. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #5 PhaseDoubt, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
    I doubt it. OEMs usually frown on opening them ... but we all do it. It's your computer, open it up and see. Being the original owner just means no other owner was available to peel the sticker off. However that doesn't mean it couldn't have been peeled off by somebody.

It may do you no good, but you can download and run a tool to reveal your internal key. I like Belarc Advisor and KeyFinder. There are others

6. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    #6 Kouryu, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
    take out the battery, it is hiding the COA sticker, which sits under the screen hinges
    you do not need the key from the COA sticker to reactivate your windows... just use any of the Windows 7 OEM SLIC keys and matching Lenovo certificate to reactivate... easiest thing to do is to just use the Daz loader, it will automatically detect that your Lenovo has a SLIC 2.1 BIOS and will activate your windows without installing :) using the key from the COA sticker requires calling microsoft, which is an inconvenience!